Hobby shops in Austria, Czech Republic and Hungary

bill937ca

I have come across a list of hobby shops and producers for Austria, Czech Republic and Hungary.  In terms of major cities this would cover Vienna, Prague and Budapest.

This link is for the Czech Republic locations with a directory for the other countries being at the top of the page. I don't see an update date so this information may be out of date.

http://www.bahn-austria.at/linkc_cz.htm

I plan to go to Prague in June 2023 and a few addresses are of interest.  Seven days of walking around, photographing trams and buildings. I know of a couple of English book stores and now I can add a couple of train shops to the list.

There was a previous thread about hobby shops in Berlin and Hamburg. Other than that I didn't see much about European hobby shops in the Suppliers thread.

mags_minibuilds

Thank you for the links Bill. I am thinking about visiting Vienna, Budapest, Prague and possibly the UK in June 2024. I wanted to see how your trip went and which hobby shops you've visited and recommend. My 7 year old son is into DC HO stuff and train rides (whether it's 7.5" gauge ride-on or life size steam train rides). Thanks!

• Like 1

I used to buy European railway models from Memoba, Vienna, when I was into European model trains before.

Cheaper than buying from stores in Germany or Switzerland. Particularly Roco items.

Quick response and good service. Beware.. stores closed every Sundays and Mondays.

Locates near Wien Westbahnhof, easy access from this Austrian national railway station.

• Thanks 1

Trip was nice - we stayed in the inner city but no train store that I could find in that area - not surprising as it seems to be the high rent touristy area.  Did get to ride various trains - OBB and ZSSK service to/from Vienna and Bratislava - saw quite a bit of passenger and freight trains on that route.  Way more than I expected.  Also rode the trams and U Bahn.  Trams were great - a mix of modern trams and some vintage ones as well.  Great user friendly system.

Tony

• Thanks 1