Shinkansen Speed Limits

Mudkip Orange

Well according to both my mechanic, and my house cat the speed is 119/kph, but then keep in mind, my mech has no idea where Japan is on a map, and my cat has no idea what the English language is. So, I'm at sort of a loss until someone better versed can answer for ya, hoss.

Mudkip Orange

Alright, I'm curious about the significance of the trolley picture. Is it a play on words? "90 degree curve" as in 1/4 of a circle vs. "90 degree curve" as in a curvature of 90 degrees (63-foot radius)?

Alright, I'm curious about the significance of the trolley picture. Is it a play on words? "90 degree curve" as in 1/4 of a circle vs. "90 degree curve" as in a curvature of 90 degrees (63-foot radius)?

Sorry, just being a bit cheeky there.  Of course, that picture is of a 90 degree curve with only a radius of several tens of feet.  The radius at Atami is 1600 meters.

Mudkip Orange

What's the tightest curve on the Tokaido Shinkansen? I'm thinking revenue service only, obviously the curves getting to/from the yards in Tokyo etc are much sharper.