Cool video of some of my favorite models

bc6

It includes E531, Eiden Series 900, Narita Express (Old style) and others. Notice the flicker-less lighting on all the models, I wonder how thats done.

I like the layout. Remember when Westfallen posted the new interior lights that work off batteries? I wonder if that's what's in those trains to prevent the flicker?

Martijn Meerts

Might also be that the track and wheels were all just cleaned. I think I see the tail lights of the N'EX flicker once or twice.

Very good, maybe Kirara is a little bit faster (run like a Shinkansen ;-)

Taroko is really beautiful train (but is a taiwanese railway model), maybe I buy one to complete my collection, I think is perfect to run near my other train from Taiwan. (does anyone taiwan train collection?)

ciao

Massimo

CaptOblivious

Recently cleaned trucks and track can work wonders for flicker :D

But that is a lot of work. Another option is to install a capacitor, but there isn't much room in some of these models to do that without the cap showing.

Very good, maybe Kirara is a little bit faster (run like a Shinkansen ;-)

Taroko is really beautiful train (but is a taiwanese railway model), maybe I buy one to complete my collection, I think is perfect to run near my other train from Taiwan. (does anyone taiwan train collection?)

ciao

Massimo

I have the 700T full set.  This is my one and only disappointment from Kato because it is very sensitive to curves and superelevated S curves.  The video is from the Tawainese Train site I frequent alot!

I am very curious about the helix that leasds to the  suspension bridge, I wonder what materials he used?

qwertyaardvark

Beautiful video~! I've watched several of XN's videos in youtube and have wondered what the big-picture look of the layout is; so many modules!

Currently i have is two sets of 700T, but on my wish list are some other taiwan trains like Taroko. If i ever visit Taiwan, I definitely will buy some trains there. China trains are also on this wish list, though its interesting, for a country that certainly must make most of the models on earth, they surely don't seem to make any for themselves. My study abroad to Shanghai this past summer proved fruitless minus finding some severely overpriced Bachman stuff and limited number/variety of hobby stores...

I think it will take time for Chinese to start going into the train hobby.  Mind you, China was a very different place just 10-15 years ago.

Also, they seem to prefer HO scale vs. N scale.

In HK, there are a small fraction of railway fans but most of them prefer bus models.

Mudkip Orange

so many modules!

It looks a bit like they've adapted the N-trak standard, keeping the track spacing and module size but ditching the 24" radius curves.

Beautiful video~! I've watched several of XN's videos in youtube and have wondered what the big-picture look of the layout is; so many modules!

Currently i have is two sets of 700T, but on my wish list are some other taiwan trains like Taroko. If i ever visit Taiwan, I definitely will buy some trains there. China trains are also on this wish list, though its interesting, for a country that certainly must make most of the models on earth, they surely don't seem to make any for themselves. My study abroad to Shanghai this past summer proved fruitless minus finding some severely overpriced Bachman stuff and limited number/variety of hobby stores...

I have only one 700T complete set and some Kibu sets http://www.wretch.cc/blog/kibu/7113299 and Touch Rail trains

http://www.touch-rail.com.tw but not the Taroko until now

If you want one Kibu PP-E1000 you can write directly (it's possible for foreigner to buy from factory)

For Touch-Rail I have a guy (he sold me 700T on ebay) that help me to buy on taiwanese market, if someone want I can ask if they can buy for other... (I think he reply me "no problem" but is better if I ask before ;-)

ciao

Massimo

qwertyaardvark

It looks a bit like they've adapted the N-trak standard, keeping the track spacing and module size but ditching the 24" radius curves.

Indeed does look like the N-trak standard, but does come with its slight tweaks. (I wonder if its only this club's standard, or an asian/european standard...?) Aside from using the Superior Metric system, they use Kato's 33mm spacing, with the front track being 97mm from the front. Nice to know in case i ever make N-trak-esque modules and i live in taiwan (which isnt as far fetched a possibility as one may think...)  ^_^ Pictured full specifications located here

xnlayoutmodule.jpg

For Touch-Rail I have a guy (he sold me 700T on ebay) that help me to buy on taiwanese market, if someone want I can ask if they can buy for other... (I think he reply me "no problem" but is better if I ask before ;-)

Out of curiosity, was this ebay guy named "wowfan" by any chance? He is the one i got my 700T from.

Out of curiosity, was this ebay guy named "wowfan" by any chance? He is the one i got my 700T from.

I'm not 100% sure but Yes (I don't remember her ebay nik), real name is Lifan Wu

(if I remember only 2 or 3 taiwanese sellers sell 700T on ebay, one is ...asia... or similar and I'm sure I never bought from, one is Lifan and one... blackout...)

ciao

Massimo

qwertyaardvark

I'm not 100% sure but Yes (I don't remember her ebay nik), real name is Lifan Wu

(if I remember only 2 or 3 taiwanese sellers sell 700T on ebay, one is ...asia... or similar and I'm sure I never bought from, one is Lifan and one... blackout...)

Yep, that's him, Lifan Wu. small world, eh? :) I guess i can ask him about purchasing taiwanese stock once funds appear again ^_^

Now that it's pointed out it's in Taiwan I recognize the background in the video as the concourse of Taipei Main Station. When I was there last may I visited a hobby shop where the owner told me his club puts on a show there each year. He gave me a DVD of 2007's show, I recognize a few of the modules but it looks like they've been busy building new ones. The helix modules are an interesting concept.

While I was there I picked up a Touch-Rail passenger set with an electric loco and a freight set with an R100 class diesel but I can't find the photos of them right now.