How do you store your trains

David

How do you store your trains (mark any that applies)  

77 members have voted

1. 1. How do you store your trains (mark any that applies)

• Book Cases
    • Plastic Jewel Cases
    • Cardboard/Foam Packaging
    • Other box/case/drawer
    • They're stored on the track!

Yeah, I've been looking at isolation that's not over the top expensive and possible to install myself. I also need to make sure the stuff fits between the beams on the attic. Lots to worry about.

I'm confident it's doable.

I need an hangar to make a permanent layout to store my trains, for now is all stored in original box/case inside a 6 door furniture (now I need to sell my old H0 TGV's because I need more free space)

ciao

Massimo

finally I can post the photo of my storage... :grin

http://picasaweb.google.com/massimo.biolcati/Collection02#

sorry only the first line, the second line is behind, too much work only for photos....

ciao

Massimo

finally I can post the photo of my storage... :grin

That is... Impressive :tongue9:

It's even more than that. So, question: who wants to marry Massimo here?  :grin

qwertyaardvark

words cannot express my joy, amazement, anger, jealousy, and hundreds of other feelings right now... :P

What I can say is that you have reached idol status in my book...

After tonigt, drinking with my fellow 鐵ヲタ here I think Massimo reached a certain equal level. Every train I mentioned, in the conversation I had just now, my bud owns a model. Be it MicroAce or some other manufacturer. In my head *consisting of a few lefover brains atm and a few pitchers* I think  the live example has won. It's gonna be a difficult decision whom I'm gonna marry now. However, the newly introduced veggie burgers at McDonalds also make a good chance.

I really need to go to sleep now...

sorry only the first line, the second line is behind, too much work only for photos....

We do not forgive that you did not take photos about the second line.  :grin

Nice collection. I think I will show your gallery to my wife that maybe she should buy me different type of "books".  :cheesy

Geeeee... It just (hurtfully) penetrated my brain, there is the same amount of trains hidden behind the ones we see! Unbelievable...  :cool:

Massimo, quick quesiton, do you even have a layout to run all those nice boxes on?  :grin

Geeeee... It just (hurtfully) penetrated my brain, there is the same amount of trains hidden behind the ones we see! Unbelievable...  :cool:

Massimo, quick quesiton, do you even have a layout to run all those nice boxes on?  :grin

yes, you can see on photos only around 50% of my collection (single locos and cars are 3 or 4 line inside and a lot of cars are closed inside big packages, I don't have more space and now I plan to sell the rest of my old H0 collection (TGV's, ICE's and FS locos).

Unfortunatelly I have only a test track for now... (maybe in the future?) I have limited spare time and I prefer to run with my old Moto Guzzi V7

don't forget I start my japanese collection 15 years ago after 10 year of H0 collection (sold to buy japanese trains)

that's the reason that my collection is so big

ciao

Massimo

One of my friend put his model into a suitcase. He cut the foam, but he put the trains into the foam with its boxes without the cover plastic. Maybe this way was easier.

post-248-13569924174891_thumb.jpg

Well,

I guess when we count trains, we should look at it like this.

A few trains

Some trains

A bunch of trains

A whole lot of trains

and then there's

A Massimo amount of trains 

Inobu

Krackel Hopper

hey hey,

I know Massimo killed this thread.. but just yesterday I got my "stuff" all organized onto a bookshelf.  Most of it anyway, there are still a bunch of primed/partially built models on my work table.. but this is the bulk of it..

P3100012.jpg

P3100016.jpg

P3100021.jpg

P3100006.jpg

P3100002.jpg

Martijn Meerts

Just imagine if we all lived a bit closer than we do, we could have the biggest model railroad club in the world =)

Krackel Hopper

Krackel - that is impressive! But what is the yellow piece in the 4th photo on the track?

2771_l.jpg

Sorry for the giant picture.. it's the only good one I could find on a whim..

Wow, mark! That's great. Is that part of an ecolocogical policy?

In part, yes, but mainly it's intended as economic stimulus. Sadly, due to incessant whingeing by the shithead Liberal opposition and their propaganda arm NewsCorp, the insulation program has been cancelled. I'm glad I got my house done when I did.

Cheers,

Mark.

Mudkip Orange

the shithead Liberal opposition and their propaganda arm NewsCorp

I think that's the first time I've ever heard anyone refer to Murdoch as "liberal."

/yes, I realize US usage of the term is the reverse of the rest of the anglosphere.

• Like 1

Murdoch is in bed with the Liberal Party, who are the Australian equivalent of the US Republicans, or the UK Conservatives, and about as useful as either.

Believe me, I 'd never mistake Murdoch for a small-L liberal!  :grin

Cheers,

mark.