Sapporo Plan B for 2023

Tony Galiani

I have wanted to go to this festival for some time and, though it will return for 2023, it has been scaled back so I am starting to waffle a bit.

From the Niseko tourist office:  The Tsudome site will not be going head this year.

Visitors will be asked to wear masks, and food and drink stalls will not be present during the event. Souvenir stalls will however be open, so that visitors can take home a piece of memorabilia for themselves.

And there is always the possibility of cancellation again.  I had planned to spend a couple of days in Sapporo and then spend a day in Otaru (though I still need to check to see if events there are going to take place).

Then on to Hakodate for a day followed by the Shinkansen to Tokyo.

I am hesitant to cancel my plans all together as finding time to travel with my current music schedule is really difficult.  But if I do go ahead, and the festival gets cancelled after I have bought tickets and made all my reservations, I may just go ahead.  I know there is plenty to do outside of the festival but am curious as to any suggestions you may have for things to do in Sapporo and Hokkaido in the winter.  There's lots of info out there but I am always curious to hear about people's person preferences.

Ciao,

Tony