Can't Hold It In

Guest ___

CaptOblivious

Nice. Keisei, Keikyu, and TOEI Asakusa Line all at once. Makes me want to change the focus of my collecting...

Nice. Keisei, Keikyu, and TOEI Asakusa Line all at once. Makes me want to change the focus of my collecting...

This is one of those responses that reveals the extent of my ignorance. I never got any farther than "Ooh, pretty lights, lots of trains,...." ::-) <sigh>

Hi Scott,

You are not the only one!  :laugh:

Initially I thought this is a video about a person who had a few beers and cannot hold it and really need to go...

Lol. I lived a station away from that crossing. 'Twas more common for the gates to be closed then to be opened frankly.

This is a rare moment on a crossing near Keisei-Takasago where it was closed for a relatively 'short' period of time. Passing are a Local on the Keisei-Mainline, a Keikyu train emerging from the depot and a Train from the Hokuso-Mainline.

The looks of the station now have totally changed as they've built a new level above to support the future increasing (!) traffic on the Narita Airport Rapid-through line.

Reminds me of a crossing outside a hotel I stayed at near Keisei Narita station in 2006, must have spent almost an hour watching trains before breakfast.

The arrows showing another train is coming and from which direction as well as the warning bell sound changing when a second train is approaching are something that should be standard equipment on level crossings here in Australia.

CaptOblivious

This is one of those responses that reveals the extent of my ignorance. I never got any farther than "Ooh, pretty lights, lots of trains,...." ::-) <sigh>

Well, I hope to model the area around Nippori, where the Keisei Honsen meets the Yamanote line and much else besides. So I've been staring at photos of Keisei trains for a long time. The blue and red stripes become distinctive after a while. The all-maroon livery of the Keikyu is just striking, and once you know it, you'll never forget it. And I only knew the Asakusa line subway because of an earlier post on the site that featured much the same scene and piqued my curiosity ;D