Ashinokoen Station - Cherry blossom vignette

mags_minibuilds

mags_minibuilds

Another B-Train Shorty vignette diorama (approx 4" x 5") inspired by the Ashino-Koen station in Aomori. The station platform, sign and mirror was scratch built from styrene. The station sign was found in a Tomytec station kit (my printer couldn't print that detailed). Final touches are being made on the terrain and the trees are ready to be placed.

IMG_2155.jpg

IMG_2171.jpg

IMG_2205.jpg

DSCF3487.jpg

DSCF3498.jpg

DSCF3512.jpg

• Like 8
2 hours ago, ZandT said:

Another B-Train Shorty vignette diorama (approx 4" x 5") inspired by the Ashino-Koen station in Aomori. The station platform, sign and mirror was scratch built from styrene. The station sign was found in a Tomytec station kit (my printer couldn't print that detailed). Final touches are being made on the terrain and the trees are ready to be placed.

DSCF3512.jpg

Beautiful work!! Do you use the hair dryer to speed up the paint drying?

mags_minibuilds
10 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

Beautiful work!! Do you use the hair dryer to speed up the paint drying?

Thank you! Yes, good observation. The hair dryer works very well on drying those Vallejo paints. I’m impatient so I want to do multiple coats as quickly as possible. 

• Thanks 1

I love this. Such a nice little dirama. Great work on the platform 👍

I like it that the trees bring such beauty to this scene. Beauty does not always feature in layout planning. 

I'm looking forward to more photos 🙂

• Thanks 1
mags_minibuilds

It's all done! I'll try to get some closeup shots in natural lighting. I even snuck in a tree I made from my last build.

DSCF3527.jpg

DSCF3528.jpg

DSCF3535.jpg

• Like 6
10 hours ago, Tom C said:

I like it that the trees bring such beauty to this scene. Beauty does not always feature in layout planning. 

I'd agree. This is especially true in urban landscapes whereby nature is constantly trying to take back it's territory.

Much easier to add beauty to these small rural lines but important to remember it for larger scale urban scenes too.

Well done @ZandTThis is a very well executed little diorama that really encapsulates the feeling of a little Japanese rural railway in April.  Will you add some catenary or is this a Kiha type line?

• Like 2
mags_minibuilds
18 minutes ago, Kamome said:

I'd agree. This is especially true in urban landscapes whereby nature is constantly trying to take back it's territory.

Much easier to add beauty to these small rural lines but important to remember it for larger scale urban scenes too.

Well done @ZandTThis is a very well executed little diorama that really encapsulates the feeling of a little Japanese rural railway in April.  Will you add some catenary or is this a Kiha type line?

Thank you very much! The train I placed on the diorama suggests that it needs some catenary but it's more intended as a Kiha type line. I have some unassembled B-Train Shorty kits that may have a more suitable one for this diorama. Though it sounds like a great idea to do a catenary system.

• Like 1

I just realized looking at this again you need a few blossoms on the ground that inevitably get knocked off! 

jeff

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1