Kitayama Rail Pages - detailed online reference with maps

scott

I've searched for mention of this site here, but haven't found anything. But although I'm guessing some of you have seen it already, it seemed worth posting..

Here's the description from the site's main page:

Kitayama Rail Pages is a comprehensive guide to the rail network in Japan. The web site contains:

* Complete list of all railway, metro and tramway lines in Japan with their major stations.

* Maps showing all lines and major stations

* Search indexes: Prefectures, railways, lines and stations, so you can find the information easily.

There are two main types of pages on Kitayama Rail Pages:

* The Prefecture pages

There is one page per prefecture (Japanese county) with a list of all railways in the prefecture, with links to the Line pages.

Pick a prefecture in the Prefecture index or by clicking in the map above! !

* The Line pages

On a line page you will find all information (station table, text and links) about the line. The way to find a line page is to first open an appropriate prefecture page or use the Line index !

The maps are just lines and text (no aerials, etc., and no free scrolling), but there seems to be quite a bit of information there.

CaptOblivious

That is a pretty handy reference. Each line that I looked at had a short description too, which is very handy indeed.

Yeah, it seems like a pretty nice site. I only wish that the electrification status of each line was shown on the maps, but that's my hangup. I may print out the maps and mark them up with notes from the info summaries.

This could also be a good source of info for the JNSwiki, if he's OK with us quoting and footnoting. Or I wonder if he'd be interested in some sort of joint work?