Joban Line & Yamanote Line do the intersect?

bc6

The 2 stations at the Tokyo end of the line are common with Yamanote, Ueno and Nippori (Ueno is a major station, connecting with many lines and the Shinkansen network)

CaptOblivious

With the new extension from Ueno to Tokyo, you could see both trains in parallel from Nippori through Ueno, Akihabara, to Tokyo (with a few smaller stations in between) starting, what next year?

Mudkip Orange

How did they run the extension? the race track seemed pretty tight, or does it run underground like the shinkansen?

Nope, it's gonna re-use what are currently the existing tail tracks north of Tokyo and south of Ueno, and connect them by double-decking over the existing Tohoku Shinkansen.

According to Wiki this possibility was "designed in" from the start, so the Tohoku Shinkansen pillars are heavy-duty enough to support both decks: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tohoku_Through_Line

Wow that great news, thanks to all that responded. I wast too sure if they both met or not. A lot of sources I checked had not updated their information, Thats pretty sweet rnning my E531 to meet my Shinkasens that would make for an interesting track plan for sure.