Aerial views of stations?

scott

If anybody has or knows of good* aerial photos of small- and medium-sized passenger stations, I'd appreciate if they could post or link the photos here. I'm trying to work out how to design our main station, including how to size the station building. Plus this could just be a useful thread...

Pick a station name.  Enter it in Google and click on maps.  Then click satellite and click on the + for a bigger image.  :laugh:  Happy surfing.  Try to come back to us in sometime the next year.  OK???     :cool:

Oh.  Don't know where to find station names? Try this web site.

http://stationworld.web.fc2.com/index.html#jp

Oops we may never see you again.

For satellite spotting in Japan I've found Bing (Microsoft) actually has higher resolution images for that country, and is often more up to date. For example here is the south termination for a little 1.8km line in Nishinomiya (it's of interest to me because it would actually be practical to model the entire line to scale with a 40ft basement). Bing on the left, Google on the right. With Bing it's so detailed you can actually make out most of the track and switch arrangement if you squint enough (maybe not in the screenshot since it's been recompressed).

post-219-13569923608443_thumb.jpg

Yeah, the "*" in my original post that I forgot to follow up on  :grin  was meant to say that Google images often seem to be pretty rough, so I was hoping to find regular pictures, rather than screenshots of online maps/satellite views.

This is the closest view you can get of Aomori station, for example--not too helpful!

Yeah, the "*" in my original post that I forgot to follow up on   :grin  was meant to say that Google images often seem to be pretty rough, so I was hoping to find regular pictures, rather than screenshots of online maps/satellite views.

This is the closest view you can get of Aomori station, for example--not too helpful!

Still not exactly what you want, but Bing has a drastically better view of that area.

post-219-13569923608913_thumb.png

post-219-13569923609508_thumb.jpg

That's a pretty amazing difference....

A while back, the Google images even had a blue blur obscuring the land near the coast--never was sure if that was a mistake or a national-security measure....