New Gallery section

Darren Jeffries

This was something requested some time ago by several members. Finally i got it to work (i think!).

On the top button menu of every page you will notice the new Gallery button. Click it!

You can create categories, post pictures, use it for whatever you wish (in context to the theme of this site).

I have removed all restrictions for all members (not guests) because i trust our members not to abuse this. It will be self moderated, which means if you feel something is unsuitable or against the general rules of this site (fair, friendly & Trains!!!) then report it to Bernard or I.

Enjoy guys and i look forward to seeing your pictures of your fleets of trains and layouts.

Martijn Meerts

Doesn't seem to be working in many of the available templates. Not too fond of the default template that's being used, so I switched to a less heavy one, but that one has no gallery option.

Not a problem for me, since I have my own site for galleries, but just thought I'd mention it.

Darren Jeffries

Doesn't seem to be working in many of the available templates. Not too fond of the default template that's being used, so I switched to a less heavy one, but that one has no gallery option.

Not a problem for me, since I have my own site for galleries, but just thought I'd mention it.

Which template? I have to activate it in all templates individually (not a problem, just haven't gotten around to it yet!)

Darren Jeffries

I use "New Definition"

I checked this, there are some templates that dont support the Gallery... and that's one of them. I am gradually going through them all and adding the gallery so try some other similar styles.

CaptOblivious

Someone else had this problem, but I can't find the original thread. Posting comments to photos in the gallery is problematic. While the comments do go through, the act of posting leads one to an error page, making you think it didn't post at all...

Ditto, I can't seem to find the button either. I'm still using the Phobos template...I'm so used to it and am now very comfortable with it.

Martijn Meerts

Sounds ilke a template problem. I'm actually missing a lot of images in most templates, but they're not all that bad depending on which browser you use. As long as I don't use Safari, it's fine ;)

i highly recommend everyone switch from the phobos template to DEFINITION it is a much more traditional forum format and it enables me to easily find the gallery section.

i highly recommend everyone switch from the phobos template to DEFINITION it is a much more traditional forum format and it enables me to easily find the gallery section.

I agree, didn't realise you could change the look. To be honest, the look is was the only thing I dislike(d) about the site.

Much better.  ;D

Martijn Meerts

We're working on several custom templates, but due to some hardware problems (aka my macbook pro fried it's main logic board), there have been some delays. However, thanks to some silly Norwegian law I got the mac fixed for free, so I'll be able to work on it again soon ;)

For some reason, I get errors in URL detail pages. E.g. I get

http://www.jnsforum.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=92

and the link does not work until I manually change ; to &.

Tested in Opera and Safari with the Phobos template.

CaptOblivious

I get those errors too, but I am using Martijn's experimental theme. I wonder what the problem is? We'll look into it!

Darren Jeffries

Thanks for letting us know. This is an error in the security settings of the server hosting this forum (more specifically an Apache error). I have contacted the engineers and they are looking into how to rectify this for us. I have had a good play and so far this seems to be restricted to the gallery.

I will let you know when this has been sorted.

Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /index.php could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.9 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.8b DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.jnsforum.com Port 80

Darren Jeffries

Organised chaos? Love it!  ;D

Abso "bloody" lutly.... Wouldnt have it any other way. How else do we keep the members on their toes???