Kato Mini Diorama Kit

tossedman

If T-Trak modules are too big or too time consuming consider the new Kato Mini Diorama kit. Hopefully this hasn't been posted elsewhere already.

• Like 4

interesting.  looks like this has more sets to come.  i screenshotted a frame of the video but this website has low image limits and cannot post..

Edited by katoftw
13 hours ago, katoftw said:

interesting.  looks like this has more sets to come.  i screenshotted a frame of the video but this website has low image limits and cannot post..

just use image size reduction to upload screen shots that are large in size. iOS can do this on the fly when you upload and I’m pretty sure there is a similar process on android. Or just use an image app to reduce size or compress more.

jeff

roadstar_na6

To resize an image on any phone just create a WhatsApp group with somebody, then throw that person out again and send the images to yourself. Since WA reduces them you can then use them here on the forum. 😉

• Haha 1

On iOS it’s nice as most anywhere you go to place your images or share them you can set the size of the image (small, medium, large, actual). I just did some googling and it appears not part of android os, but Samsung gallery lets you resize images from it upon sharing them. Not sure if that will work into the photo upload though. 

I think someday the world will become one gigantic hard drive as we keep storing (and backing up) more and more at higher and higher resolutions!

jeff

lukewang01

It's my first shot at diorama. I think this set is perfect for starters like me, it walks you through the general process of making a diorama.

Base.thumb.png.cf0bbc2945d77f88edfaa2cb16839793.png

The other reason I bought it is because it looks great with B-trains on it due to it's size.

Pic1.thumb.png.1a54b9fdec123f95a09f3390bbeb845b.png

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I do like the look of these, they're fun and don't take ages to finish. Might also pull some newbies in from other craft hobbies who want to try making something different.

• Like 1

I've built two or three tabletop modules with varying success rates now.

The double length Kato engine shed on thin ply worked perfectly. The pair of snow scenes with S curves (following one of Shigemon's videos) decided to warp badly for no discernable reason. The Swiss avalanche gallery with 3d printed arches needs finishing, but I've hit something of a block regarding what to do next and how to finish the scenery.

I’m now tempted to cut a few of these out of ply and try some of these, would be grand to have on our display table as an example of what you can do with the concept. I do think it may attract some from other hobbies and crafters. That crossover is always good.

noodling on maybe a couple of other shapes or maybe just a larger or deeper one so there would be enough room for a single small building. Thought of whacking it in half, but I’m afraid on this format that will just look weird. Coming up with shapes will be tough, they did a nice job with the off centered rounded rectangle they did.

jeff