Kato Mini Diorama Kit

tossedman

tossedman
2 hours ago, Welshbloke said:

I have seen laser cut baseboard kits designed to fit Ikea "Billy" bookcases, which might be a solution if you can spare a shelf.

Sounds interesting. Any links to those laser cut baseboard kits designed to fit Ikea "Billy" bookcases? I like the Ghibli idea as well.

Welshbloke

Annoyingly I can't find the link now. I believe they were being offered by a chap named Tim Horn in the UK, he's still trading but his website is out of action awaiting an update. They were conventional laser-cut plywood baseboard kits (the sort you simply glue together with a few clamps to hold the joints square as they dry) but made to fit the standard Billy shelves.

My tunnels are from Busch, but they seem to be the devil to find any details from. I think two of them are the 8003 "Single tunnel with lake", but the sharper curved one appears to have disappeared without trace. I haven't seen another since buying mine and it doesn't appear in searches. It too is a single track tunnel with a lake, but more sharply curved which may be why it's NLA (as 150mm is a bit tight for mainstream N).

Porco is rescaled from this Thingiverse file: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3835254

I had to guess how tall he needed to be and may have slightly overdone it, he looks short and stocky in the anime. I think he and his HO brother came out ok though:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B73FxKJBMct/?utm_medium=copy_link

• Like 1
tossedman

Cool! Thanks. I found a bunch of Tim Horn's stuff online but not the Billy bookcase baseboards. I'll keep looking though.

Cheers eh,

Todd