My trains have returned ;)

Martijn Meerts

Martijn Meerts

Over the past 8-9 days I've been slowly but surely picking up all my things that the moving company stored at a self-service storage place nearby. That also means all my trains are now once again safe and sound =)

It's probably still going to take a month or so to get everything sorted out and in place, but I've already started making a small space on the attic for a test layout and a work station.

I've also signed up for a new study which I can do at home, even though it also includes 3 days of practical experience, and about 30 weeks of working at a company related to the study. It normally takes about 4 years to complete, but because of the home study, and because of the more practical nature of the study, it's cut down to 2.5 years. And since I hope to have plenty spare time, I've requested to do the study twice as fast as recommended. I guess I'm looking at a minimum of 20 hours of studying per week (good thing it includes things like English, math, physics etc. which I've already done before ;)) All in all, in about 1.5 year I hope to be a qualified/certified animal caretaker. After that I'm also planning on doing a follow-up study and also become a certified assistant veterinarian.

Once things settle down a bit, and once I know exactly how much time I need for the animal caretaker education, I'm probably also going to pick up a basic electronics course (which includes circuit board design and some IC programming), and of course Japanese ;)

All in all I'm looking at some life-changing months/years, hopefully it'll all end up well.

CaptOblivious

Maritjn, big changes indeed! Don't overload yourself (I know too many who have done that and burned out). I wish you nothing but success!

Marti - That is quit a load you're going to carry and I wish you the best. As far as a assistant vet, any particular interest in either large or small animals?

Martijn Meerts

Marti - That is quit a load you're going to carry and I wish you the best. As far as a assistant vet, any particular interest in either large or small animals?

Well, I'm hoping to get a job in a zoo as an animal caretaker, which means a large variety of animals. I love pretty much all animals, but I especially like gorillas and large birds.

the big question is, are the trains undamaged?

I haven't checked every single one of them yet, but they look fine. Luckily the Japanese know how to package a train, unlike some of the European companies ;)