10 car commuter set pricing

bc6

Im not really familiar with pricing on commuter cars and need some help. I'm looking for a Kato 10 car commuter set, maybe in the E531 series and was curious what an average price is for a set like that.

You mean on ebay?

Because if not I think the regular price would be around between 15.000 and 20.000 Yen or so.

Yes, but maybe I should have asked how much would you pay for a 10 car commuter set used or new.

The most expensive train sets seem to be the Greenmax private railway trains.  An 8 car train runs about 25,000 to 28,000 Yen.

Kato offers a 10 car Seibu 301 series for 16,200 Yen which is a good price. A 8 car Kato Hankyu  6300 runs 11,070 Yen for the two four car sets at HS. Sometimes you can get a four car set for under 10,000 Yen which would put a 10 car set in the 15,000-20,000 Yen.  Used prices would depend on how much demand their is for the set and how readily available it is.

It depends on the set.

The 8 car Hankyu set (actually 2 packages) is one of the cheapest, however it's also a very old tooling (it runs much faster then modern Kato trains, even at low throttle).

The DCC friendly 10/11 car commuter sets tend to average $220-$240 total on Hobby Search (and come in 2-3 pieces), while non-DCC sets representing older trains come in under $200, i.e. Kato has several different 103 series 10 car train sets for just $160.

If you are looking to buy the whole set, I'd suggest checking out Plaza Japan who sells complete sets as a package at a good price (Hobby World sometimes sells for less, but is not so point and click to order from).