Kato 8022 Yo8000 help?

defor

I recently acquired one of the older model Yo8000 series (no lighting), with the intention to add lighting or swap the body shell over to the new 8065 chassis.

After disassembling (as far as I can), I've found that the Cab is completely different design (although not ENTIRELY impossible to convert for the 8065 chassis, however before I go down the route of irreversible modifications by removing the floor of the cab part, I was hoping I could remove the roof from the 8022 model so I can get access to the interior of the cab... I can't see any clips when looking through the windows, and unless it's glued on, I've got no idea how to remove it.

Has anyone performed a lighting/dcc lighting conversion on the 8022 who might be able to lend some ideas how the roof is affixed- it's clearly a separate part from the main cab as I can slide a fingernail in the seam, but it seems solidly affixed past the very ends...

Help?!

large.32325D19-CEE8-4735-B408-3CE8B5EA8267.jpeg.629c7930fa8b368dfb1976b029e73d44.jpeg