Sign in to follow this  
FSHBWL

Shizuoka in Spring - A Z shorty micro layout

FSHBWL

Hello everyone,

I've recently finished building a 20x20 cm Z shorty layout and thought I would share a video and some images. More photos and a layout building report can be found in the July 2020 issue of Trainini, a German magazine for Z scale enthusiasts, freely downloadable at  https://www.trainini.de/download/Trainini_int_2020-07.pdf.

Cheers,

Chris

Shizuoka6.jpg

Shizuoka1.jpg

Shizuoka3.jpg

Shizuoka5.jpg

Shizuoka4.jpg

Shizuoka2.jpg

Shizuoka8.jpg

• Like 11

Tony Galiani

Wonderful layout.  Very inspiring.

Tschuss,

Tony Galiani

cteno4

Chris, great work on this! Really superb.

jeff

Claude_Dreyfus

This is a lovely little model. It looks really fresh and spring-like.

RossDensha

This is a beautiful shorty!

Silly Question: Did you make the lower box with the controls yourself? If not, where did you get it from?

FSHBWL

Thank you all for your kind comments, really appreciate it!

3 hours ago, RossDensha said:

Silly Question: Did you make the lower box with the controls yourself? If not, where did you get it from?

Yes, I did it by myself and it was not too difficult to do (I did not have any prior experience with that). The wooden box measures 20x20x6 cm was purchased at a craft shop and got three layers of acrylic paint. The aluminum frontpanel was designed with the free online software of a professional frontpanel service and ordered through their webshop. It's not overly expensive, but you can achieve a good result also by designing and printing it on a piece of paper, attaching it to a cut-to-size 2mm polystyrene sheet and putting some transparent adhesive film over it for protection.

The pwm controller was ordered through Amazon and works really well (although I did replace the rectangular direction switch with a different one which required only a round hole for installation). Look for "LEDMOMO 1203BB 6V 12V 24V 3A 80W DC Motor Speed Controller (PWM) Adjustable Reversible Motor Driver Switch". The controller and the lights are both powered by a 9V battery. See photo below for the set-up.

Cheers,

Christoph

Shizuoka9.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

RossDensha

Thanks, well done!

It looks shiny and professional.