JR-Chiisai webpage update

Martijn Meerts

Martijn Meerts

Not sure how many people are interested in this, but I just added a first version of the train details page. I haven't tested it on windows yet, only on Mac using the latest Safari and Camino.

Just go to http://www.jr-chiisai.net, click "trains", and then click on the icon for the 800 series shinkansen. Eventually the idea is to add more images on the left, and of course more detailed info about the prototype and model(s). Also, I'm not entirely happy with the feature icons in the top right of the model info boxes. They turned out a bit bigger than I expected, might have to redesign those. A similar page will be created for all trains I have, although it might take a while considering I'm drawing those formation graphics from scratch.

If people are interested enough, I could post in this thread whenever I make some major changes to the page.

Comments as always are more than welcome ;)

It works fine on windows,too.

I like the combination of prototype and model information very much! ;D

Please keep us updated!

Thomas

Darren Jeffries

Excellent work Martijn. Keep going. A valuable resource like that is worth a lot to the serious modeller.

kashirigi

That's a lovely website. It has a nice, clean design that's very easy to follow, and it looks great using Firefox.

Martijn Meerts

Thanks =) I noticed a problem in explorer when I tried at work earlier today, but nothing serious. I'll need to fix that though ;)

The site is still a bit empty, I hope to be able to add things more regularly at some point, and open up a comments section on certain pages. The idea of the page is actually not only to show my own progress, but also have tutorials, how-to's and FAQ's about various topics etc.

Martijn Meerts

I just updated the way the progress reports in the scenery section are displayed. While it was fine for a diorama to list everything on 1 page, once I start on the actual modules there would just be far too much text in the same place.

So, I divided it up into multiple chapters, each with its own page, which also made it a lot easier to add a commenting feature ;)

The disadvantage is that it leaves the initial page a bit empty, I'll need to come up with something there. Have a look if you feel like it: http://www.jr-chiisai.net/railroad_crossing_diorama.html =)

A really a great step by step demo on how you're making your diorama. I particularly like the fact that you showed how you attack feeders to the tomix track. How is using "chicken wire" to form your mountain? On my first layout I also used wire to make a mountain and I had a lot of trouble working with it especially when it came to attaching it to the wood. I look forward seeing how the diorama developes.