Greenmax Paper Kits

Krackel Hopper

Krackel Hopper

hey hey,

Has anyone here tackled building one of the paper kits from Greenmax?  The station I am just wrapping up for my layout (Greenmax 27) is part of the Greenmax 803 Economy Set.  The economy set includes cutouts on the back of the box to build a bus garage.  I feel like this kit looks deceptively simple.  I am hoping careful use of an exacto knife along with a straight edge to help with proper folding of the corners.

One concern I do have, I know I am going to end up with the brown cardboard showing on all these edges.  There seems to be no way around this fact.  I assume that is just the nature of paper kits.  So I have a feeling I will be required to do some "touch up" painting of the edges..

Any advice would be greatly accepted..

Thanks!

Jon

jon,

this is always a problem with paper kits when they dont use color impregnated chipboards. paper modelers usually say use white cardstock then use colored pencils or markers to make the edges look right as to what is printed on the surface up to that edge. with the gray chipboard of the box, this may be tough to do and as you say end up with a lot of ugly edges.

i have not tackled any of the greenmax box kits as they did seem like they may lead to something less than satisfying, and i have plenty of other projects to work on!

put up some pictures if you attempt it! will be interesting to see how it works!

cheers,

jeff