SL-san

Imperial Train questions

SL-san

I have a Microace A4721 set of carriages for the 1932 formation & Kato 10-418 set for the 1960 formation of the Imperial Train.  While I understand that Carriage #1 is the Imperial Carriage can anyone enlighten me on the likely occupants of carriages 461, 330, 340 & 460 as I want to put appropriate figures inside them.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Graeme

• Like 1

Socimi
8 hours ago, SL-san said:

I have a Microace A4721 set of carriages for the 1932 formation & Kato 10-418 set for the 1960 formation of the Imperial Train.  While I understand that Carriage #1 is the Imperial Carriage can anyone enlighten me on the likely occupants of carriages 461, 330, 340 & 460 as I want to put appropriate figures inside them.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Graeme

Generally serveants, security, chamberlains and other members of the royal family. Sometimes even the odd government official (mostly Prefectural Governors) will join.

If the emperor uses the train to travel to the Ise Shrine, one carriage is to be reserved solely for the "Three Sacred Tresaures".

• Thanks 1

ben_issacs

SL San

What loco do you have for your 1932 Imperial Train?

Bill, Melbourne.

SL-san

Thanks Socimi...I hope you are safe and well in Northern Italy!

I had presumed that the Imperial entourage would be on board but was hoping I could get some idea of male & female disposition.  Presumably most would be male but the Empress & other female family members would have female attendants...but would they be allocated particular carriages?  I know its all a bit crazy trying to decide which 10mm figure should be seated where but in these times of isolation due to COVID-19 it helps fill in the time!!

Bill (in Melbourne)... I have a MicroAce C51-276 Summons Specified for the 1932 Imperial Train but I could also use my MicroAce C57-1 or MicroAce D51-893 (both Summons Specified) to represent running after 1937 or 1942 respectively.  Too many SL's are never enough!!!  Funnily enough my recent addiction to Japanese SL's came after purchasing C51-276 to use the mechanism to go under a Victorian Railways streamlined S class steam loco body.  The C51 model was so beautiful that I could not throw the body away and had to look for an alternative donor mechanism which in turn led me to Yahoo Japan...the rest is history.

Any further information on the disposition of males & females in the Imperial Trains would be greatly appreciated

Stay well,

Graeme 

• Like 1