Kit Photos

Krackel Hopper

Krackel Hopper

hey hey,

Maybe this is just my obsession with model scenery kits.. but I love to see what people have done with them.  Yet it is so stinkin' hard to find anything other than stock photos of a lot of these kits.

I know a number of you on here have built Greenmax/Walthers/Vollmer/etc/etc kits.. maybe some of you would like to show your work by posting some photos of the end results?  I have seen a couple people post their engine house projects (one a Greenmax the other Tomix) and I've seen someone post a Greenmax signal tower.. but that is about it..  There are people talking about having built Sankei kits, yet no photos..

I know my work isn't going to be award winning.. I don't have a sweet airbrush or anything.. For me it's spray paint primer, Tamiya and Games Workshop paints.  I've been posting some of my work in the "personal projects" folder.  I'm working on black washing Greenmax #27 (Rural Station).  Another wash or two and I'll give it a dull coat (hopefully tonight) and then I'll have some pictures (tonight or tomorrow).

I would like to suggest that maybe we could do something of a "mini project party" for kits.  Possibly once the big project party is over.. run a mini party (lasting a couple weeks - a month tops) for people to post/update about a unique/important scene/structure they are building for their current/future layout (or just for fun)..

In the meantime.. I would love if people started posting pictures of their kits.  Not only does it provide us with a better viewpoint and idea of the model.. but it's also inspiring.. making the rest of us want to pull that dusty old kit of the shelf and finally build/paint it..

I hope others feel the same way.

Jon

(waiting for the black wash to dry)

Martijn Meerts

I have a lot of kits, both model train structures and lots of other stuff. The model train kits I plan to weather and install computer controlled LED lighting in them. Unfortunately I haven't been able to start on any of them due to lack of space. I did start on modifying a Faller loco shed, adding an inspection pit with lights, and detailing the interior etc, but because my space is limited, I always have to clean up and put away all the tools I use. That should change soon though ;)

Krackel Hopper

Greenmax local station 27 -  I've been working on this over the last week.  It is going to be the station for the layout I am working on.  The gf picked out the color combination.  Painting all the trim was a real pain, and while not perfect, I tried.  Overall, I think it came out pretty decent.

PB080009.jpg

PB080014.jpg

Shopping at the oriental market with the lady and came across this little candy kit.  We assumed it was a little assembled model.  Upon opening, I discovered I had a little model kit in my hands.  You get 1 of 5 randomly packaged truck models.. forklift, crane, dump truck, bulldozer, or tow truck.. in 1 of 3 colors; orange, blue or green.  It came packaged alongside 3 different flavors of delicious delicious ramune candy..

For a childrens toy, this took a little work to assemble..  LOL

PB080029.jpg

PB080032.jpg