Sign in to follow this  
bikkuri bahn

JR Hokkaido H100 press debut

bikkuri bahn

Slated to start running on the Hakodate Main Line between Otaru and Oshamambe at the spring timetable revision in March of next year. These will eventually replace the kiha 40 type.

Delivery of 6 units back in September. Various southern Hokkaido locales:

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

miyakoji

Can't say I'm too enthused about the appearance, but if lower cost of operation keeps JRH in business, I'm all for it.

• Like 4

disturbman

Same. I could get used to the front but the livery is really underwhelming and blend. I would have hoped for more What does "DECMO" stands for or means?

EdF

Diesel Electric Car with MOtors.  Diesel Electrics seem to be new for DMU trains in Japan, or at least revitalized, isn't the H100 co-develeped with JR East?  And JR Kyushu just did one right, YC1 or something.

Edited by EdF

disturbman

Thanks. I see, I don't know why they would think it is an important information to have so pro-eminently on a livery. This kind of branding is a bit awkward, like the Hybrid Resort branding by JR East.

The H100 is the same design as JR East GV-E400系.

Sacto1985
On 12/16/2019 at 11:27 AM, EdF said:

Diesel Electric Car with MOtors.  Diesel Electrics seem to be new for DMU trains in Japan, or at least revitalized, isn't the H100 co-develeped with JR East?  And JR Kyushu just did one right, YC1 or something.

Isn't the JR Hokkaido H100 a slightly modified version of the JR East GV-E400 that is starting to enter service in the Niigata area?

EdF

It was mentioned in thread, but i would say its got different options, not modified, they are probably the same except maybe the level of winterization.