Ochanomizu Station (trains on three levels)

bill937ca

This is in Tokyo near Akihabara.  The Sobu-Chou line, the Chou Rapid to Tokyo Station and the Tokyo Metro Marunouchi line.

Ochanomizu would be a good inspiration for an interesting unconventional station model with conditions that make for appealing aesthetic intangibles- spatially restrictive location, line coming in from a curve (Chuo Line) and a line entering on a grade within station limits (Sobu Line), which creates the interesting arrangement of a stepped platform with two levels:

http://travelstation.tk/station/kanto/jre/chuo/pict/ochanomizu02_20040821.jpg

Yeah, the platform is something strange. IIRC there is also this little arcade-like connection in the pillar of the bridge from where the movie in the 1st post is taken. It's about 1,30m high and I've not seen anyone pass through it to get from the Chuo to the Sobu side, so I did it myself when I was there... I can't find a proper picture of it, but here is an indication of where it should be somewhere...

post-224-13569923307208_thumb.jpg

CaptOblivious

I really love the approach to this station on the Chuo-Sobu line from Akihabara; the girder bridge high over the shopping district followed by the gorgeous arched truss bridge into the station. I would love to model this area, but it would require an entire basement in itself just to capture the feel of the place.