Japanese Nationalists

bill937ca

I'm not sure why anyone would like to have that on their layout... I would most likely prefer some other form of normal sound. When I was in tokyo there were lot of trucks going around making sound. I guess it was a regular thing. Like "bring out your dead" thing...  :grin

Japanese elections seem to be about sound trucks and little else. Now if you take the Faller car/bus system, DCC sound.... you can have your own Japanese election in 1/150th!  Bah.  I think I'd better go play with trains.  :grin

I was thinking of one of their garbage trucks that plays music as it goes down the street so you know to bring your garbage out. They have the same thing in Taiwan.

I was thinking of one of their garbage trucks that plays music as it goes down the street so you know to bring your garbage out. They have the same thing in Taiwan.

We sort of have the same thing in the USA but it happens in the summer months and we call him the ice-cream man. :grin

Those buses are awfully loud, I guess there is no ordinance about "noise" levels.

alpineaustralia

If you want to see these guys in real life when in Japan - take a visit to the Yakazuni Shrine. As you might be aware the shrine is controversial (even in Japan) as it honours all war dead including those indicted for war crimes. Attached tothe shrine is a museum honouring Japanese soldiers and with a section dedicated to the Kamikaze.

The Ultra-Nationalists are outside (some with shaved heads and little round galsses reminiscent of General Tojo) shouting into microphones mounted on vans adorned with the rising sun flag.

While it was a sight that had to be seen , it was the only time in Japan that I felt a little scared or apprehensive about being there.

I do like the blue lights that the Japanese trash trucks have.

I guess politicians are the same everywhere....loud mouth and full of hot air!  :grin  Not to mention fishy!

Be grateful you don't live here in DC then. Personally, I'd like to have a loud-speaker propaganda truck for my layout. I find the Japanese politics to be fascinating.

I can just see the cops thinking "I'd love to throw a stinger/spike strip under their tyres, but then I'd have them bellowing nonsense at me while standing still..."

I can just see the cops thinking "I'd love to throw a stinger/spike strip under their tyres, but then I'd have them bellowing nonsense at me while standing still..."

Do like what the French do in Bordeaux TGV Station...kindly ask the passengers to get off from two public buses then shepherd the rowdy groups into the buses and ship them away.  :laugh: Quick, effective, and painless.

I've been doing some background reading on these noisy fruitcakes and come across some interesting information. Supposedly they're funded by Yakuza and certain political parties, the Police seem to leave them alone too.

In many ways letting them rant and rave like this is the most effective way of dealing with them. Ban their symbols and you'll create a whole batch of followers who enjoy the cachet of the banned, aside from allowing them to paint themselves as oppressed victims. It seems that the majority of people couldn't care less about them and just wish they'd go a long, long way away, which is the best response to extremists of all types!

i have put aside a few of the larger vans in the last couple tomytec sets to make some political vans like this. all part of the scene. not sure i want the audio myself! maybe some figures holding their hands over their ears!

cheers

jeff

i have put aside a few of the larger vans in the last couple tomytec sets to make some political vans like this. all part of the scene. not sure i want the audio myself! maybe some figures holding their hands over their ears!

cheers

jeff

How about something like this (in Japanese) : What do we want?  MORE TRAINS!! When do we want it?  NOW!!

The if any Japanese come up to the layout they can have a laugh.    :cool:

Bill,

Good idea! problem is by the time you get the signs down to size on the vans you need a magnifying glass to read them! figure i could put bra adds there and no one would know!

matthew discovered this weekend on one sign i put on my tomytec gaming palace was a station entrance sign. hey, it was the only one the right size on the included sticker set to fit that place on the gaming building! he also found one that i had put on upside down! it was put on very late the night before the cherry blossom festival!

cheers

jeff

Bill,

Good idea! problem is by the time you get the signs down to size on the vans you need a magnifying glass to read them! figure i could put bra adds there and no one would know!

matthew discovered this weekend on one sign i put on my tomytec gaming palace was a station entrance sign. hey, it was the only one the right size on the included sticker set to fit that place on the gaming building! he also found one that i had put on upside down! it was put on very late the night before the cherry blossom festival!

cheers

jeff

We're not alone, I've been told this is why you see a lot of oddly worded and misspelled english language signs in Japan.