More Big Buildings - Kibri Apartments are out

quinntopia

Hey all!  There seems to be a fair amount of us on this forum that are really interesting in larger, urban buildings, so I thought I would just share with you all that I just got the new Kibri Apartments building from a hobby shop in Germany.  I haven't started work on it yet, but I grabbed a photo of the box that shows the completed model.  Looks like its generic enough to fit any country...American, Japanese, or European....

kibriapartments.jpg

OOOOHHHH i want one! looks like it might also be good for kitbashing and looks much more japanese than some of the other euro high rise kits!

how much was it?

jeff

quintopia,

if you dont mind me asking where did you have it shipped to and how much was the shipping. $30 for a building of this size is not a bad price. hopefully some of the importers in NA will bring these over as the shipping then is diluted a bit on kibri and other euro brands.

nice find!

cheers

jeff

with modellbahnshoppe-lippe the shipping to the us is 30 euros, so a bit too much for one 23euro kit. there are a couple of north america shops that stock a lot of european stuff and bring it over by the container load so shipping and price are not bad at all. only rub is it can take a few months for them to stock new stuff like this! shipping from the europe to the us is pretty bad compared to shipping from japan.

I would want more of the building at the back of the apartment though..

not sure i know what you mean?

cheers

jeff

shipping from the europe to the us is pretty bad compared to shipping from japan

Jefff nailed it...it was 31.50 Euros to the Seattle area for this (I added a few small, light weight items so my shipper per item was lower :-)  and I didn't have to feel terrible about spending more on shipping than the item).

If you're not in a hurry, and can't or not willing to get more stuff to dilute your shipping costs per item like me, I agree that its more prudent to wait until Reynails, Euromodeltrain, , Micromacromundi or Eurorailhobbies has it in stock.  Careful that most of these shops list a lot of inventory that is not in stock, so you may have to wait, although they will usually respond if you email or call to see if they have it in and is ready to ship.

Kibri aslo has this one (#7121) coming out too.  It doesn't seem to be available anywhere right now, and even getting the below image was hard to find.  Not very big/tall, but could be with some kitbashing!

7121.jpg

with modellbahnshoppe-lippe the shipping to the us is 30 euros, so a bit too much for one 23euro kit. there are a couple of north america shops that stock a lot of european stuff and bring it over by the container load so shipping and price are not bad at all. only rub is it can take a few months for them to stock new stuff like this! shipping from the europe to the us is pretty bad compared to shipping from japan.

I would want more of the building at the back of the apartment though..

not sure i know what you mean?

cheers

jeff

I think he means the building in the background of the image Quinntopia posted. I like that building too!

I would want more of the building at the back of the apartment though

Yeah, that's a neat one isn't it?  I wonder if its scratchbuilt or a prototype for something in the future?  Here's hoping....

About 24 Euros at Modellbahnshop-lippe....around 30 US I think.  Here's the link (my first order with them, shipping was pricey, etc...but good service/communication)

Modellbahnshop-lippe found an unfindable part for me--they were really helpful.

I've problem to imagine these types of building on a Japanese layout. Certain day I'm surrounded by prototypical copy of them and they sure don't look Japanese.

On the other hand, I think I've seen other models like that in Hobby stores. But I can't remember the name of producer.

I've problem to imagine these types of building on a Japanese layout. Certain day I'm surrounded by prototypical copy of them and they sure don't look Japanese.

If the Kibri 7120 was tall and narrow it would be more typical.  For a Japanese scene it needs to be compressed.