Japanese train stuck between stations following accident gets temporary in-carriage bathroom tent

Imho this actually means this line is unsafe as in case of a train fire or other serious accident, the passengers would be unable to escape on this section. This seems more serious than having a bathroom or not.

2 hours ago, railsquid said:

This appears to be the bridge it was stuck on: https://ameblo.jp/iketaro4416/entry-12020438283.html

Thanks! Imho as cool as this bridge looks now, i still think an escape walkway stuck out from the side of the bridge should be mandatory. Especially if the trains don't have emergency exit doors on the fronts, so people couldn't exit onto the tracks.

Wow, I'm surprised the firefighters were able to access the train.  Why couldn't the train just move a few hundred feet forward?  Or back up a bit of there's a problem ahead. 

The article implies the train struck a person. If it is the same as it is here the train cannot move or be evacuated until the ok is given by the police commander on the scene which depending on the circumstances can take quite a bit of time, especially if there are body parts spread around. In fact if the train driver moves the train without authority he can be treated the same under the law as a motorist leaving the scene of an accident.

There may be other circumstances when evacuation is not possible. A few years ago when the overhead wires came down on top of my train it took two and a half hours for the situation to be declared safe and for passengers to be detrained and walked along the track to waiting buses.