White Glue & Walmart

This is the time of year that Walmart runs "Back to School Supply Specials". The biggest savings I found last year was Elmer's White Glue for .10 USD per bottle. It might have gone up this year but it's worth looking into.

I'm not going to make the mistake of using Elmer's White Glue to make scenic cement ever again.

Aaron - That's surprising, to apply ballast or ground cover most books recommend a diluted mixture of Elmer's white glue to water (1:3)

Yup, and it does't work very well.

Aaron,

I think you had something very screwie going on with your scenery there on the hill. diluted white glue (PVA) is an old tried and true bonder for stuff like this. works about the same as scenic cement in theory and practice. ive used it since i was a kid with great results. are you sure the white glue you used was straight pva glue and not one with some other stronger bonding agents (ie carpenters glue)?

BTW scenic cement is just matte medium so you can get it with your discount coupons at AC moore. modge podge is a good cheap, but reliable brand of matte medium thats pretty cheap, with coupon like half to a third the price. you can dilute it as well to your taste/needs.

all that being said i do like matte medium as its a bit more flat in appearance.

cheers,

jeff