MicroAce - New Releases

disturbman

Interesting releases... I think some are re-releases instead?

But ouch on the prices... Did MA just bump up their prices or something?

Guest keio6000

Prices are nonsensical.  MA's prices were already the highest; now they are truly nonsensical.  Happy I bought my 10-000 for less than half of this less than two years ago and even then I thought it expensive.

CORRECTION TO ABOVE: I meant 10-300.  I bought 10-300 when it came out. 10-000 is a new mould.

Edited by keio6000

Looks like the Peach Rapit has shipped! PlazaJapan has it up on their ebay listings now as shipping!

jeff

The Rapit is out? Damn, now I have to make a decision.... peach one or blue one.... argh!

I'll better make the decision tomorrow, too late for this ;)

Davo Dentetsu

Hahahahaha would love to, but my gf will have my head on a spike by dawn... :violent1:

Yeah, that would be bad luck to kill Hokutosei twice in one year!  :D

How about a picture for 'more poisoning?"

MA_zpsjgf2zf6q.jpg

But frankly, i'm still not moved by those hideous prices...

Edited by JR 500系
Guest keio6000

darn it!  I was so busy being annoyed by the price that I didn't notice the huge news that there will be an actual 10-000 release.

This is the first 10-000 release since the Endou set (which I have one).   I think my endou set just plummeted in value (they go on yahoo for about JPY 10000 per wagon).

10-000 is an absolute and total must have for the keio collector (that is, me).   very happy.  but the price, but for just this, i probably will swallow my pride and get it.

10-000 is an absolute and total must have for the keio collector (that is, me).   very happy.  but the price, but for just this, i probably will swallow my pride and get it.

Interesting... Sorry but I don't understand the connection between Keio and the 10-000 series. Were they previously used by Keio before being transferred to Toei? I do kinda like the look on the 10-300 but ouch on the price and yah it's a pass for me. I think if it's something you'll love so much better to get them when they are available better than to regret later. I do have so much regrets in me now like in the case of the East-I inspection train...

That Kiha-8500 is interesting though. And at a much 'swallowable' price.

Yeh wow, guess what new news turned up via HS just:

*Extract from email:

Thank you for shopping with Hobby Search.

Regarding order number: 15-0430-0033

The pre-order item listed below

Hybrid Diesel Car HB-E300 Resort Shirakami (4-Car Set) (Model Train)

( http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10189781 )

Was originally scheduled for release on After Jul,

but has been rescheduled for release on After Sep.

Haha ~~ 

It's cool, I can wait ~ :mblah05:

Interesting... Sorry but I don't understand the connection between Keio and the 10-000 series. Were they previously used by Keio before being transferred to Toei? I do kinda like the look on the 10-300 but ouch on the price and yah it's a pass for me.

Keio and Toei have through running on the Toei Shinjuku line. You see 10-XXX's a lot on the Keio lines as well. IMHO they look pretty nice. Especially the early versions with corrugated steel front cars.

Keio and Toei have through running on the Toei Shinjuku line. You see 10-XXX's a lot on the Keio lines as well. IMHO they look pretty nice. Especially the early versions with corrugated steel front cars.

Thanks Toni, now I understand. The 10-300 is pretty nice, but sorry on the pricing...

I research more and find the Kiha-8500 massy attractive... It even connects to the Kiha-85!

Thinking of getting this one...

You have unique taste in rolling stock... :grin

The 419 has so much history to it... It's so odd that it is unique.  :love10:

Yeh wow, guess what new news turned up via HS just:

*Extract from email:

Thank you for shopping with Hobby Search.

Regarding order number: 15-0430-0033

The pre-order item listed below

Hybrid Diesel Car HB-E300 Resort Shirakami (4-Car Set) (Model Train)

( http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10189781 )

Was originally scheduled for release on After Jul,

but has been rescheduled for release on After Sep.

Haha ~~ 

It's cool, I can wait ~ :mblah05:

Tomix Rail Star got pushed back to October also.  Currently 10 months behind original promised date. haha

Guest keio6000

The 10-000 is a major sight on Keio because of the aforementioned through-running.  But as happy as I am to have this properly in n scale (the endou sets have a wonderful look as they are made of metal, but don't otherwise meet modern n-gauge standards), i can't help but think that this is absolutely bizarre and that MA must be full of crap when it come to the Keio 8000 (which it cancelled). 

The 10-300 and 10-000 are different trains.  MA had released the 10-300 a few years ago.  It's a nice set and I'm glad I bought it then given the price increases.

also, the 10-000 participates in toei's novel rail-road intermodal scheme.

12217253043_e9542918b3_z.jpg

Edited by keio6000
  • Like 1

On a more positive note.  MA seem to be getting onto the long list of "To be released" list.  It was into the high 60s at one stage back a few months.

Edited by katoftw

On a more positive note.  MA seem to be getting onto the long list of "To be released" list.  It was into the high 60s at one stage back a few months.

Yeh kinda shock to see the Rapit released on schedule... Or maybe because it is highly popular? And amazingly there is still stock around for the Rapit after satisfying pre-orders. Usually MA models are out-of-stock once they're released...