Tomix Interior Lights

CaptOblivious

CaptOblivious

Confused by the array of options for lighting your Tomix, Micro Ace, or Greenmax rolling stock? So was I. Here's what I have figured out so far, and I look forward to filling in the blanks!

Basically, Tomix lighting kits can be subdivided in two ways. The first is the kind of lighting, and the second is the size.

Kind: LED (white), LED (bulb), Bulb, and Bulb (with CL)

The LED kind is denoted with a "C", and the other two as "A" or "B", depending on whether they are for trailer or motor cars (see below). [CL = Constant Lighting, and is a system of high frequency AC current that some Tomix controllers use to keep lights on while trains are still.]

Size: Wide, Long

Wide is not denoted; Long is denoted with an "L"

Finally, each is available singly, or in packs of six.

And here is a table breaking down these kinds and sizes into part numbers and names:

LC/C (white/白色)

LED: 25mA

LC C

1=0733 1=0731

6=0737 6=0735

LC/C  (bulb colored/電球色)

LED: 25mA

LC C

1=0734 1=0732

6=0738 6=0736

LA/A (Normal)

for trailer cars (longer collector springs; includes truck pickups)

bulb: 60mA

LA A

1=0755 1=0751

6=0796 6=???

LB/B (Normal)

for motor cars (shorter collector springs; doesn't include truck pickups)

bulb: 60mA

LB B

1=0756 1=0752

6=??? 6=???

LA/A (CL)

for trailer cars (longer collector springs; includes truck pickups)

works with Tomix CL (continuous lighting) system

LA A

1=0783 1=0781

6=??? 6=???

LB/B (CL)

for motor cars (shorter collector springs; doesn't include truck pickups)

works with Tomix CL (continuous lighting) system

LB B

1=0784 1=???

6=??? 6=???

Also available are "D" and "E" models, but I can't tell what these are for.

Martijn Meerts

It gets worse, I believe MicroAce has started with their own lighting sets, which don't seem to be compatible with the current Tomix ones ;)

CaptOblivious

Martijn, you said they aren't compatible? I don't have any Tomix or Micro Ace lighting kits to test (although I have a Micro Ace train that calls for MA lighting kits), but looking at photographs, they appear compatible. I'm having a hard time finding reviews of the lights, though, so I can't really tell. Anyway, just like the Tomix ones, they come in wide and long variants, which is an interesting coincidence.

Martijn Meerts

I've only read this somewhere, can't remember where though.

Could be MicroAce has changed their mind and made them compatible after all, it's been a while since I read it.

alpineaustralia

I thought that Hobbysearch or Hobbyworld's website may havbe mentioned compatability when describing the MA lights.

CaptOblivious

I thought that Hobbysearch or Hobbyworld's website may havbe mentioned compatability when describing the MA lights.

I checked both already; neither had much of anything to say about the MA lights :(

kevinrandell

Hi,

I have just picked up the Micro Ace Doraemon set and would like to add LEDs. Can anyone recommend the correct MA or Tomix kit that I should use?

Cheers,

Kev

Martijn Meerts

Hi,

I have just picked up the Micro Ace Doraemon set and would like to add LEDs. Can anyone recommend the correct MA or Tomix kit that I should use?

Cheers,

Kev

There should be a leaflet/manual included with the train which should mention which lighting kits to use. Of course, this being a MicroAce set, the amount of useful information on the "manual" can be very limited ;)

I have the set as well, but I haven't installed any light. If you can't find anything on the manual, or if it's not included with your set, I can have a look at mine, see what I can figure out.

disturbman

That's not so difficult, interior lighting codes starts with the letter G and then have two or three 0. In my own old Doraemon set the part numbers given seems to be Tomix's. The numbers writen in my leaflet are: 0751/0781/0785. Also, I think the newer 781 series items were fit for G002 interior lighting kit.

quinntopia

Not sure if this helps you, but the Microace Items pages seem to cover the right light (and coupler options).  For my Rap:t, the only indication for the correct LED lights was that I needed 'wide', and I recall I used the Tomix versions.

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.microace-arii.co.jp%2Fproducts%2Fitemlist%2Fpr.html&sl=ja&tl=en