Something to model?

Pashina12

I should've guessed that it's been done! Looks great, too. And I have to say I'm kinda boggled by how reasonably priced Japanese models are (at least the mass-produced N scale ones, when I first saw a Japanese TT9 site I rather boggled at those prices too... could buy a serviceable car for those prices). This is a good thing, of course... which I suspect could also become a bad thing...

They are great models, I have the 600 and 810. They run well too!

The vast majority of model trains in Japan are N scale and the Japanese market is probably the biggest in the world so figures prices and variety are great! The sheer number of different trains made is at times boggling and horrid on the wallet...

Cheers,

Jeff

• Like 1

These Schnabel-cars are great and relatively sought-after. They usually go for more than the original price on Yahoo. 

They look great wiggling through curves. 

C4ZTbz6WAAEd3z9.jpg

C4ZTeCtXAAEGVyE.jpg

• Like 1

It's lots of wheels rolling along, great sound! We snaked three together on the club layout once, I'll look I think I got pictures.

They do pop up on ebay now and then for around srp surprisingly., but as sucia mentioned they usually go for quite a bit more. Hopefully ma will re-release again! That's the one rub with the huge variety of Japanese n scale that little is kept in perpetual stock, many things you need to order when they come out if you really want it as they may be sold out right away or within a few months. Some things linger a long time available, but it's always a crap shoot what will go fast and what may be around a while.

Jeff

Okay that's good to know! I don't know if I need one of these, but I suppose there can always be an excuse to have one show up - new transformer being installed somewhere...

• Like 1

Yes it's amazing how much transformers need to be installed in the model railway world. :)

For some time I also looked for a Shiki but it's really hard to get one now.

• Like 1

I have one as well. When I'm running US prototype I just swap the Japanese YO8000 brake vans for a couple of cabooses and pass off the Japanese lettering as the manufacturer of the imported piece of equipment being transported.

Apparently it's a model of the flatcars that are featured in the anime film Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone.

The flatcars, DD51 diesel locomotives and Yo 8000 guard vans feature in two scenes during the preparations for Operation Yashima, where a large number of transformers are shipped in to draw electricity from Japan’s national power grid and supply a massive positron rifle with Japan’s entire electricity output.
  • Like 1