What did you do on your layout today? (N scale)

bill937ca

Or get some cheap stuff from the 100 yen shop.

Naw I wanna see toni get caught by his wife sneaking eye shadows and blushes! What are you using my makeup on!?

I must admit, I do own way more makeup and makeup brushes, applicators, nail brushes and tools than my wife... she would have to steal form me.

Jeff

• Like 1

I'm here to crush hopes and dreams, as I've found my old weathering kit.

IMG_20170314_091410.jpg

IMG_20170314_091319_DRO.jpg

IMG_20170314_091301_DRO.jpg

IMG_20170314_091245_DRO.jpg

Not the best effort, but it's at least better than roads that don't seem integrated with the surroundings.

My wife rarely uses any make-up anyway. She's beautiful au naturel and she knows it :)

• Like 8
serotta1972

Naw I wanna see toni get caught by his wife sneaking eye shadows and blushes! What are you using my makeup on!?

I must admit, I do own way more makeup and makeup brushes, applicators, nail brushes and tools than my wife... she would have to steal form me.

Jeff

I think Jeff is trying to tell us that he does other gigs on the side other than model railroading. :) 

I think Jeff is trying to tell us that he does other gigs on the side other than model railroading. :)

Yes, other gigs/jobs that can't see the light of this forum, or many other corners of the internet at that. It's not really a secret, as it's quite easy to find via a simple search online.

All I've done so far today is to finally get around to putting some loose-ish rolling stock in cases (as seen in another thread) and finally work out a track arrangement that was stumping me
 post-4306-0-12183200-1489746588_thumb.jpg

I didn't need the C605-10s after all, just an extendable straight to fill a 3-inch gap.

• Like 1

Well, can't see many of the others but what I can see, yours blows the rest out of the water!

I'll post the rest later, but mine is kind of average.

Welp, seems like I managed to get to the next round: exhibiting my module with the best ten next to the Midori Madoguchi in JR Hamamatsuchō sta. from the 24th of March until the 2nd of April. Probably also a mention in the upcoming RM Models.

After that, the module will be on display in the Kato Hobby Centre on the 8th of April. After that, the module will probably be dismantled in favour of new a new project.

Edited by Kabutoni
  • Like 6

Thanks for sharing those! They're very nice and they give me some ideas (like perhaps eventually scenicking my Aizu Line in sakura season!) I love the Blue Impulse tie-in, too. I was lucky enough to see them perform the first (and I think still only) time they ever flew outside of Japan, at Nellis AFB for the 50th anniversary air show of the US Air Force... they kinda made the Thunderbirds look like talented amateurs in comparison (and over the T-Birds' home base at that!)

• Like 1

I got some crazy inspiration for future modules today with all this stuff around. Narrow and boxed-in modules that offer a visible single-track layout, but can operate as a double track layout (hidden second track). I need to work out the details. but I think I have global idea of how it's going to be. Even though this module still has at least two events to go (maybe a third in Asakusa in summer as well), I already want to make plans to create even more cooler stuff and maybe set a new little standard. :P

• Like 2

Spent this afternoon building some electronic kits for the layout. I'm starting with a push button panel interface, next will be an LED module.

After that some sensor input modules and hopefully soon some servo control modules. All will be linked to a bus that can be linked to a computer via USB cable...

I had a slow start as my soldering iron was broken. I recently left it on for 36 hours and it didn't seem to like that! Not one bit!

Fizzled around with one of my homegrown cab-style controlers (the JR EMU-style one) since it had problems last time I used it. Turned out to be just dirt or oxidation in the direction switch, fliping it a few times cured the problem.