What did you do on your layout today? (N scale)

bill937ca

Not wanting to lose out to our buddy Paul, I wasn't satisfied with my layout missing a station, so I kit-bash one to suit my needs!

20180525_141755.jpg

Sort of looking like the bridge went the wrong position... haha 

20180524_192314.jpg

And of course I had to fit it with lights... 

20180525_142145.jpg

20180525_141855.jpg

And placed back into the layout... I must say, quite a nice fit! The staircases will serve one right beside the station, for people taking the bus (there will be a street there later in-between the tracks and the station), while the bridge across and the other staircase will serve as a linkway over to the city arcade area (where the trams and another little arcade area is)...

20180526_173819.jpg

Haven't ran trains in a while... and forgotten how nice the E233 Chuo line looks!  (here reduced to 8-cars as the layout station only accommodates 8...)

20180526_183232.jpg

And a little freak accident... when I wondered why it stopped.... seems like Mr pantograph is not behaving like it should (I didn't RAISE it in the first place) and somehow got aroused and tackled itself with the free feeder line for the trams...  Weird indeed. Someone needs to be writing a seriously difficult report for this incident soon... 

Edited by JR 500系
  • Like 9
  • Haha 2
serotta1972

Good job Sammy!  What have you been drinking man, gotta get me some so I can start doing some real modeling work. 🙂

Today I opened up the toolbox, for some Woodwork Bodgery was in order, and all the wood in the house quivered in fear. The result was this crudely fashioned box-like structure intended to fill the visible gap between layout and table:

42339166592_e2bd4f74d2_z.jpg

board-extension-1 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

as this curve needs provision of gravity effect prevention methods:

42388552671_57294038a0_z.jpg

board-extension-2 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

• Like 2
Pauljag900
10 minutes ago, railsquid said:

Today I opened up the toolbox, for some Woodwork Bodgery was in order, and all the wood in the house quivered in fear. The result was this crudely fashioned box-like structure intended to fill the visible gap between layout and table:

42339166592_e2bd4f74d2_z.jpg

board-extension-1 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

as this curve needs provision of gravity effect prevention methods:

42388552671_57294038a0_z.jpg

board-extension-2 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

Thats not quite as bad as my attempts at woodworking squid😂👍

Sammy, nice station. Its amazing what you can do with those tomix overhead stations!

jeff

Added a in campus crossing at the transfer station.  Background structures are slowly shaping up.

IMG_6123  1024 x 768.jpg

IMG_6124 1024 x 768.jpg

• Like 3
On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:38 PM, Pauljag900 said:

Lovin the station sammy👍👍😀

11 hours ago, cteno4 said:

Sammy, nice station. Its amazing what you can do with those tomix overhead stations!

jeff

Thanks guys! I really couldn't do without a station!

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 7:02 AM, serotta1972 said:

Good job Sammy!  What have you been drinking man, gotta get me some so I can start doing some real modeling work. 🙂

It's a secret, but it begins with 'C' and ends with 'E'... 

I had lots of it yesterday... CLICK HERE to find out more!

Edited by JR 500系

I laid out some Tomix fine track. Two loops for each end of my future tram line. I mainly just wanted to see what it looked like and what else I need to buy for it. A few more curves and a bunch of super short straight pieces, should give me some room to maneuver.

djhLlrR.jpg

Qd7R1I5.jpg

Edited by gavino200
  • Like 4
2 minutes ago, railsquid said:

Now with roof:

tram-tunnel_01 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

Hmm, do I have enough tunnels?

tram-tunnel_02 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

(Some different tunnels here)

That's fantastic Squid. I especially like the dummy tunnel and bridge up on the hill. I also really like the 90 degrees crossing. Are those chopsticks again that you're using a beams?

On 5/26/2018 at 8:08 AM, JR 500系 said:

Not wanting to lose out to our buddy Paul, I wasn't satisfied with my layout missing a station, so I kit-bash one to suit my needs!

Sort of looking like the bridge went the wrong position... haha 

And of course I had to fit it with lights... 

And placed back into the layout... I must say, quite a nice fit! The staircases will serve one right beside the station, for people taking the bus (there will be a street there later in-between the tracks and the station), while the bridge across and the other staircase will serve as a linkway over to the city arcade area (where the trams and another little arcade area is)...

Haven't ran trains in a while... and forgotten how nice the E233 Chuo line looks!  (here reduced to 8-cars as the layout station only accommodates 8...)

And a little freak accident... when I wondered why it stopped.... seems like Mr pantograph is not behaving like it should (I didn't RAISE it in the first place) and somehow got aroused and tackled itself with the free feeder line for the trams...  Weird indeed. Someone needs to be writing a seriously difficult report for this incident soon... 

That looks amazing JR. Do you really use that as a kitchen table? If I that were my table, I'd just stare at it all the way through dinner. My wife wouldn't be able to get any conversation out of me at all. I don't think it would stay around long.

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, railsquid said:

Hmm, do I have enough tunnels?

41698123734_f9b54b977c_z.jpg

tram-tunnel_02 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

(Some different tunnels here)

I counted 5 different places whereby trains can be seen spurting out of them endlessly...   🙂

11 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

That looks amazing JR. Do you really use that as a kitchen table? If I that were my table, I'd just stare at it all the way through dinner. My wife wouldn't be able to get any conversation out of me at all. I don't think it would stay around long.

Yap, it's a dinning table ~ My apartment is really small, and there is no place to fit in a layout on its own, but I wanted my own permanent layout space to run some trains... This idea began a long time ago and finally materialised by having a combination of both elements into one that we all will need, a dinning table!

Well, I've mastered the art of multi-skilling and darting eyes so I get to talk to my family over dinner and admire my layout at the same time... And when topics gets boring and is going somewhere I don't really like (like buying new clothes or shoes or something), the eyes can dart over to the layout while the mind floats away into Tomix catalogues thinking of what to further improve next!!  😛 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
8 hours ago, gavino200 said:

I laid out some Tomix fine track. Two loops for each end of my future tram line. I mainly just wanted to see what it looked like and what else I need to buy for it. A few more curves and a bunch of super short straight pieces, should give me some room to maneuver.

Qd7R1I5.jpg

What are you using to build the tunnel over the curve ??

7 hours ago, sid21177 said:

What are you using to build the tunnel over the curve ??

It's been sort of a crowd sourced project. I'm basically making it up as I go along based on suggestions and ideas from people here on this forum. You can see how it evolved here on this thread:

Nothing resembling a method emerges until about half way through the thread. 

• Haha 1
Pauljag900
52 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

It's been sort of a crowd sourced project. I'm basically making it up as I go along based on suggestions and ideas from people here on this forum. You can see how it evolved here on this thread:

Nothing resembling a method emerges until about half way through the thread. 

Thats my normal procedure for anyting I do buddy!!😂😂👍

• Haha 1
On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 7:43 AM, bill937ca said:

Assembled and stickered a B Train Shorty Toden Arakawa 7511 after dinner. Dug out a couple of old Kato Pocket Line items from a few years ago and photographed them.

post-75-0-09306700-1480376480_thumb.jpg

These shorties are REALLY cute indeed!

• Like 2

Clearance testing and final inspection tonight at the local club, we have our open house this weekend.  I tested the 381 set, ran like a champ.

20180529_234132.jpg

• Like 7
Pauljag900
42 minutes ago, Kiha66 said:

Clearance testing and final inspection tonight at the local club, we have our open house this weekend.  I tested the 381 set, ran like a champ.

20180529_234132.jpg

Wow,that’s some bridge buddy👍 And the 381 looks right at home on it👍😀hope you ll post some pics of the open weekend mate?👍😀😀

• Like 1
Pauljag900

Short video of a nighttime running session.

I need to change some bulbs😂😂tho to be fair it’s not as bad in real time.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Pauljag900 said:

Short video of a nighttime running session

I need to change some bulbs😂😂tho to be fair it’s not as bad in real time.

That looks like a lot of fun Paul. I was just looking at it with the boy. We were looking at your giant string of control switches. How on earth do you keep track of which one controls which switch. We used have one, a fraction of that size, and we needed an elaborate system of numbers and diagrams to to avoid having frequent major train crashes. What's the secret??