Walking Around Shibuya Station

Jcarlton

I love the area but I am not a big fan of the station, for anyone not familiar to the station it can be a bit of a nightmare and confusing with the vast distances between the entrances, we went there last year when it was still being renovated and trying to find the South exit was a major headache. When we were returning from where we had visited we reentered from the South exit and had to walk over a kilometre to get to the Yamanote line platforms, the platforms are so spread apart they may as well be classified as seperate stations.

By the time they finish rearranging the place, the platforms will be much more compact, particularly the Saikyo line platform which is way down to the south (I guess this is where you got off).

Come to think of it, the Keio platforms and the Hanzomon line platforms will be the only ones untouched.

My nephew and I went for a walk around Shibuya on Friday night on our way back from Niagara Curry at Yutenji and found a Krispy Kreme with dine-in seating.  Mmmm doughnuts.

post-182-0-01691500-1474248338_thumb.jpgpost-182-0-66462500-1474248340_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I don't normally post images by copying them, but i can't link this one in a usable form. (copyright goes to Asahi Shinbun) It's an aerial picture of Shibuya in 1989 with the old Ginza line depot and the Inokashira line station still visible on the surface (in the top center). This photo shows the terrain around the station and the old buildings before the previous big remodelling. The road between the depot and the Keio station also had a tram line in the past going under/through the building.

post-1969-0-05782800-1474577755.jpg

post-1969-0-05782800-1474577755_thumb.jpg

• Like 1