Microace Hanzomon line 08

Guest keio6000

Guest keio6000

Hello all,

I had long wished that MA would make a Tokyo Metro Hanzomon line 08 series set as it's one of the "in person" most attractive subway trains around, in my opinion.  This was finally released by MA in two forms: a "standard" tokyo metro version and a "throwback" one with eidan livery.  While the real train is too new to have really run as an eidan train, the powers did be did indeed livery one real one in an eidan scheme with that wonderful eidan logo.  despite the sky high MA price, i ordered one.  

i have a lot of MA sets, so i kind of figured i knew what to expect, and i'm not far wrong, though this particular set which arrived today is a bit of a disappointment as it's at the "lower end" of what I expected.

Issues:

- the tokyo metro logo at the top of the side of each car is printed too high.  it extends slightly into the roof bend line. while this might not sound like an issue, it ruins the roof 'bend' line and so stands out to the eye quite a bit.

- the purple stripes seem to be slightly too light, but this might be a lighting thing as the color is correct when compared to photos of the real train in the brightest possible lighting conditions (daylight aboveground).

here's what i expected/hoped the colours would look like:

hqdefault.jpg

here's what they actually look ike:

hanz1.jpg

looking at the model from the side under led lighting, it doesnt even look like hanzoumon colors to me.  it looks like the colors of the osaka sennichimae line or something. the problem is probably the pink stripe which on the model shines too brightly and would only be correct for a new train under perfect bright sunsihine conditions and even then not really.  the dark stripe is also not great as it doesnt convey the matte color of the hanzomon purple well at all.

the overall detail and finish is just ok. 

overall, it's not as good as it could have been, though i'm happy i got it.