JNSwiki importation problem

CaptOblivious

Could you insert the images into the page to show us what the error looks like? It would be easier to diagnose that way.

CaptOblivious

How did you add the files? I see that you added several files related to the 701, but each is just a reference to the MediaWiki Commons images, strange.

That said, I think as a matter of policy, if the image is available at the Commons, just use the Commons image, rather than duplicating it here. The reason is it saves us disk space and bandwidth! Plus, future changes to the file will be reflected here automatically, which is generally a good thing.

Could you insert the images into the page to show us what the error looks like? It would be easier to diagnose that way.

This is correct, images are not imported, and you will always laod pix from Wiki commons and not from our own server. However images over 1.5MB I think will not appear in our wiki. (sometimes files over 2.5mb will not appear in Wikiepdia at all either) What I have had to do in the past is download the image to my PC, resize and save as a file smaller than 1.5mb, then upload to our wiki, and link to the image that way.

Don, we've touched base on this issue a few weeks ago when I started my mass importations before we went live.

CaptOblivious

That's weird. I won't be able to take a look until later, but I haven't seen any problems with images not loading…hrm.

This is correct, images are not imported, and you will always laod pix from Wiki commons and not from our own server. However images over 1.5MB I think will not appear in our wiki. (sometimes files over 2.5mb will not appear in Wikiepdia at all either) What I have had to do in the past is download the image to my PC, resize and save as a file smaller than 1.5mb, then upload to our wiki, and link to the image that way.

Don, we've touched base on this issue a few weeks ago when I started my mass importations before we went live.

I uploaded (rather than importing) the one picture I was using in the infobox, and it seems to be loading consistently now.