Cycling in Tokyo (backstreet scenery)

bill937ca

This is a Danny Choo video shot with a camera mounted on the bike when he headed out for lunch.  The route is from from Musashikoyama to Togoshi Ginza in Tokyo.  The trip starts on a narrow commercial / residential street, moves out to a major artery with bike lane and then onto another narrow street but this one is a local retail center.  Lots of interesting details everywhere.

The grade crossing is the Tokyu Ikegami line at Togoshi-Ginza station (Ik03)

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 2

I think the best way to do Japanese contemporary city scene is once you have it complete.  Add another 100 aircon units and 100 bikes to the streets. haha

• Like 2

yep, bikes and air conditioners are everywhere! i am surprised greenmax never made a box of like 100 air conditioner units. ive seen some in the 3d print and kobaru has them, but not cheap. i guess easy enough to just cut a bit of styrene and wrap with printie or just paint it as from +1' you wont see any details anyway really.

what strikes me, and that i always forget, is the density of power lines in the back streets of the lower level neighborhoods. they can be huge rats nests! its something striking when you walk around. few ever model that though as its a mess to do! Also makes you realized how many things are lit up even in the day even in these small neighborhoods! lighting in the day does add a new dimension to layouts and can make them pop more!

jeff

• Like 1

yep, bikes and air conditioners are everywhere! i am surprised greenmax never made a box of like 100 air conditioner units. ive seen some in the 3d print and kobaru has them, but not cheap. i guess easy enough to just cut a bit of styrene and wrap with printie or just paint it as from +1' you wont see any details anyway really.

Don't forget our friend Toni offers air conditioners too. When I have some free money some day again I am going to order. them.  First, I should complete some scenes to the point they need a/c units.

http://www.shapeways.com/product/9DBTLAKEQ/air-conditioners-and-boilers-n-gauge?li=shareProduct

• Like 1