Nimo5's Landscape With Railways Videos

bill937ca

These are a series of videos focusing on the landscapes of railways in Japan.

The first video follows a JR  ballast scatter construction train along the Kisuki LIne from the yard to its work site.  DE 10 1058 is pretty clean for a diesel as are the three Hoki 800 ballast cars.  In these videos much of the focus is on the landscape rather than just train runbys.

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 4

Wooden station building JR Kawahira station. JR-Sankō Line. Once a busier station with a passing loop, now its just a single platform station.

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 2

JR Sanko line early morning with several harvest scenes.

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 3

His videos are awesome, I think they were the first Japan rail videos I found on YT.  Really, Shimane prefecture should hire him to make promotional videos.  I always want to go there after watching his channel :)

• Like 1

I am also a follower of Mr Nimo's videos.  He makes you want to hire a car and drive around the country side.

I started to collect Japanese N scale because of his videos.  They are probably the best amateur videos on JP trains on youtube.

Here's another one. This is JR West Kisuki LIne Kamonaka Station another wooden station.  What is interesting is that there is a siding with concrete ties but both station tracks have wooden ties.  Lots of close-ups of track.

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 1

Now those are scenes for dioramas!

Jeff

That is what I was thinking. Great reference material.  

This is the Kisuki Line Tourism Train.  What is interesting is that this is a push-pull unit.  I don't think I've ever heard of this concept being used in Japan before.

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 2

Nunohara Station on the single track electrified JR West Hakubi Line.  This rural station has three types of trains passing through: Series 115 yellow EMUs, Kiha 120 rail buses and Series 381 Limited Express trains. Some interesting scenes in rice paddies and across farm fields.

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 2
Nick_Burman

This is the Kisuki Line Tourism Train.  What is interesting is that this is a push-pull unit.  I don't think I've ever heard of this concept being used in Japan before.

The Sagano Kanko Torokko in Kyoto is also push-pull.

Cheers NB

The Sagano Kanko Torokko in Kyoto is also push-pull.

Both JR West and Hokkaido (and maybe others) have had sets like this with a driver's station at one end and a DE10 or DE15 at the other. Some have been retired. Below is a link to the Japanese wikipedia on "torokko" trains, you can see these formations in the pictures.

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%88%E3%83%AD%E3%83%83%E3%82%B3%E5%88%97%E8%BB%8A

I actually have subscribed to nimo5's YouTube channel because this user shows a lot of scenery on the JR West Kisuki and Sankō Lines. The Kisuki Line is better-known to tourists around Japan because of the Okuizumo Orochi excursion train, which travels from Izumoshi to Bingo-Ochiai Station via the Kisuki Line, including the spectacular switchback near Izumo-Sakane Station.

• Like 1

Big open windows.  Slow pace.  Diesel fumes.  Oh what a magical place Japan is.  They do it right when it comes to the rails.