Hokutanmayachi Railway KOHAFU1 II

mattdwnunder

What markings if any were on the side of this coach or type of coach.  I have two of these, by World Craft one which is being built and one pre-built. The kit and the pre built item come without decals - were they really unmarked? If they did have markings what were they, where were they and how many of this type of coach did the railway have?

Based on the Japanese Wikipedia page, I think they had only one, bought (or transfered or loaned) from the Yubari Railway in 1941.  I'm not having any luck finding pictures of the real thing.  I'll keep looking.

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%8C%97%E6%B5%B7%E9%81%93%E7%82%AD%E7%A4%A6%E6%B1%BD%E8%88%B9%E7%9C%9F%E8%B0%B7%E5%9C%B0%E7%82%AD%E9%89%B1%E5%B0%82%E7%94%A8%E9%89%84%E9%81%93

mattdwnunder

Thanks, it really helps. Does anyone make a coach that could be modified into the Oha 1? Also does anyone make appropriate decals for the Kohafu 1 11?

Edited by mattdwnunder
mattdwnunder

Maybe but when it comes to Japanese I am illiterate so I have no idea.  I will seek to scan the instructions and post here. 

Matt,

might try using google translate app on your phone or tablet with a camera. it does a decent job of helping you translate instructions like this by taking a photo.

cheers

jeff

bikkuri bahn

World Craft has dry transfer lettering, but not for this particular model.  I can't see any info in the instructions regarding lettering, not even recommended paint.