Current grade separation works in Tokyo

railsquid

This map:

000020765.jpg

shows the current (red) or planned (blue) grade separation projects in Tokyo (grey sections are lines previously completed). Of those the biggest new project is the Keio Line between Sasazuka and Senkawa, which is being elevated; I'll have to go and see how it's looking.

• Like 7

Thank you for the information! I've also checked out the pdf-s on the link and they have both maps, elevation diagrams and vertical cross section info with the steps of the elevation/undergrounding. Very interesting! :)

• Like 1

Thanks for all the links.  :)

I wonder just how the current project Hanshin is doing on the Hanshin Main Line is coming along--that's a major project going on just west of Osaka currently. And I believe Meitetsu is grade-separating a couple of lines geographically south of central Nagoya too.

bikkuri bahn

I wonder just how the current project Hanshin is doing on the Hanshin Main Line is coming along

Our friend ayokoi was on top of things last December when the down line between Ashiya and Uozaki was opened for elevated running:

• Like 1
bikkuri bahn

This video outlines the Keisei Oshiage Line grade separation project (#3 in the map above) which was completed September last year.

bikkuri bahn

JR East Nambu Line grade separation project (#1 in red on the map). Completed a bit more than two years ago. Official video from Tokyo Metropolitan Govt. and JR East:

Edited by bikkuri bahn
  • Like 1
Sacto1985

Speaking of which, wasn't JR East seriously looking at extending the four-track grade separated line viaduct on the Chūō Main Line from Mitaka all the way to Tachikawa? It may make sense, since many businesses are located near the Chūō Main Line between Shinjuku and Tachikawa Stations and it may allow the Chūō-Sobū local service to run all the way west to Tachikawa, in my opinion.

railsquid

Wut?

Anyway it's a long-standing planning goal to quadruple that section, but there are currently no active plans, and the recent grade separation west of Mitaka doesn't seem to have any provisions for quadrupling.

I remember they were considering quadruple before they actually start construction.  It was long time ago and my memory is fuzzy but they also considered a plan with triple track.  However all those plan were gone. 

• Like 1