Multiple version of the same train

Bernard

I do have two 800 Shinkansens. It was more of a curiosity to see the difference between the Kato & Tomix versions.

If only I could afford that. :cheesy

I have 2 x Tomix 300 Shinkansens but that is about it - but that does not count I guess.

Martijn Meerts

I have 2 800 series shinkansen (Kato and Tomix), 2 DD51 (both Tomix), and 2 each of Kiha 01, Kiha 02 and Kiha 03.

I don't mind having more than 1 version of the same train, as long as they have a different road number.

I'm probably going to get a 3rd DD51 at some point, so I can run that one in a double header with 1 of the 2 I already have. The reason why I can't run the 2 I have in double header is because I gave one of them a road number that in the prototype didn't have the necessary adjustments to run double header =)

SubwayHypes

I was thinking about checking out the Tomix version of the E217 series sometime when i get extra funds.  I have a Kato e217 series Yokosuka, and i want to purchase a e217 Tokaido from Tomix this time because my kato motor car is not working!!! 

I just remembered (sorry Bernard) that I do own a multiple of a train... In fact I have it four times, two times with a motor and two times without. It's the famous Kihas 40-2000 that brought me here, or almmost. I run them in two consists of two cars.

Except that, I'm a bit like Martijn, I can't own several time a train with the same serial number. I find it stupid and that's why I like to have the possibility to choose the numbers myself. :)

CaptOblivious

I'd like to be able to afford matched pairs (or triplets, or…), for just the reasons stated (well, for personal exhibitions, anyway!) but if on those occasions that I have enough money to buy a train, I absolutely cannot resist buying something new and exciting instead :D