MicroAce DCC fitting Shinkansen 0

Themetropolitainline

Themetropolitainline

Hi 

I intend to fit DCC to this set that i bought from David Loco1, i power car is in the third car, i have fitted many decoders including sound in European and British models but this will be my first model from japan. 

I have looked at the car with the motor with the body off, would anybody here no what is the best way to dismantle the rest of the car?

There are clips that look like would remove the seating but when you unclip the lower last black plastic moves rather than the seating,so this also makes me ask does the wheels /bogie/truck  just unclip by pulling? i can see black wire coming from the bogie/truck going under the black plastic to the motor. 

I know these are basic questions but as i have never taken a japan model apart before i thought you kind people would know the answer.

I will of course upload a detailed explanation of how i Dcc fit this model with pictures. Kind Regards Themetropolitanline

post-3969-0-78125800-1461161961_thumb.jpg

post-3969-0-47053200-1461162037_thumb.jpg

Edited by Themetropolitainline
Themetropolitainline

Ok i have figured it out and now in the process on the best way and where to place the decoder.

Them,

Yeah micro ace can be a puzzle at times to pull apart, kato and tomix are more uniform in both she'll removal and chassis disassembly. Take some Picts and post what you did if you can as its always great for someone later!

Jeff