Doha Metro train design revealed

bikkuri bahn

This time the front is a quite nice design. The doors look weird and ugly. 

But those driverless metros that seem to pop up evrywere are getting me tired. If you want a efficient and punctual system it's Ok to use ATO, but a driver in the cab will make the system safer, and the passengers will feel better. 

I'd prefer to go by foot instead of taking a driverless veichle wich speeds up 50Km/h.

I would say that if someone is afraid of a driverless train running on a fully grade separated line, then driverless elevators might pose a greater risk, especially express ones found in modern buildings.

My only problem with these metro sets is that 3 cars isn't too much which means light rail capacity. (light metro in this case)

trainsforever8

I think the new Doha metro trains look very nice. You can see the resemblance to that of Dubai's metro.

Talking about the automatic operation, I took Dubai's metro and I have to say, the way the trains accelerate/slow down was actually quite "rough" to me. Here in Montreal, our metros have ATO (with an operator), however, it isn't as rough when they accelerate or slowdown. I just wish Dubai's metro had a nicer front, like that of Doha's new metro, because Dubai's train's front is plain compared to that one.