hedgehog cafe

cteno4

The text say the hedgehogs are not to be eaten (i assume the latte is drinkable). I guess they are cheaper to keep around than maid girls... (btw. native japanese hedgehogs are blue, move rather fast and may drop golden rings when hurt)

Once these reach maturity they probably won't be very friendly.  Will they be released into the wild or put to sleep?  I'd rather that the gimmick be very good coffee and pastry.  They're hard enough to find.

Hedgehogs aren't the tastiest but can be used as food for the elusive japanese two tailed fox, the budget variant of the more famous nine tailed version.

Everything is delicious when dipped in tempura batter and properly fried! Hedgehogs also come with built in toothpicks!

Jeff

I'm glad that cafes like this exist.  Lots of people enjoy spending time around animals but can't own a pet due to time constraints, apartment regulations, etc. 

An acquaintance of mine visited Japan with his fiancee, and one of their most memorable destinations was a Tokyo rabbit cafe.  Both the rabbits and the patrons (mostly women in their 20s) seemed to be having fun based on the photos my friend shared.

Yes, good point, especially with small animals as folks tend to get them w.o realizing they can be a lot of work. Many folks in cities never hold or touch any animals other than a dog or cat now and then!

I spent my childhood summers on my grandma's farm and it was invaluable to learn to be around all sorts of animals and handle them when needed! You learn a very different appreciation for animals when you touch them. You realize very few in modern culture have much of any real contact with animals save for a few standard pets.

Sorry I was being so sarcastic on this, for some reason it just tickled that part of me, I think I just take for granted all the animal contact I've enjoyed in my life...

Jeff

I think the rabbit cafe and this is part of the same operation, including shared location.

For animals and city kids, many zoos have petting areas with farm animals and mostly harmless wild ones.

ps: i think most men would prefer a maid cafe variant with similar hands on services

Edited by kvp
  • Like 1