Greenmax "Cover Art"

scott

Here's a whole new category of otaku-dom for you--I've recently gotten into the black-and-white cover art on the boxes of the Greenmax structure kits, like this one. I don't actually have any yet, but I've seen quite a few online, and [hello, my name is Scott, and I'm a geek] actually downloaded the pictures.

Martijn Meerts

They have some real nice ones, and definitely a source of inspiration for scenes on a layout =)

disturbman

Don't feel ashamed. I'm myself collectioning some images like this. I have several covers of old Fleishmann catalogues. As Martijn said. They are inspirational.

That reminds me, I have also one Greemax covert art.

Scott - Here is the "real" test. Take the Cover art and frame it. Hang it in the living room and show it to your wife. Then say, "I hope you like it Hon, because there are 5 more of these pictures I'd like to hang."

Make sure you have someone video taping her reaction, you might make some money selling the tape to "America's Funniest Videos", which you then can use to buy more Greenmax kits.

disturbman

I'm soon to be crown "King of a wall". i don't know yet wich one but it's posible that it will be 5m long.  :grin

CaptOblivious

I'm soon to be crown "King of a wall". i don't know yet wich one but it's posible that it will be 5m long.  :grin

I am "King of the Shelf"—and sometimes "King of the bit of floor that's out of the way of everyone else, but only for the evening" :P

ok my name is jeff and i collect box art... hello jeff

i had 2 big boxes of nice clear binder sleeves that were given to me and i have all my kato, tomix, greenmax, tomytec, and bandai boxes, instructions and decals all sorted out in a bunch of binders... was first keeping them for reference later, but then found i like the box art as well and just could not bare to chuck them...

ok whats the next step in the program? take my scissors away?

cheers

jeff

Scott - Here is the "real" test. Take the Cover art and frame it. Hang it in the living room and show it to your wife. Then say, "I hope you like it Hon, because there are 5 more of these pictures I'd like to hang."

Make sure you have someone video taping her reaction, you might make some money selling the tape to "America's Funniest Videos", which you then can use to buy more Greenmax kits.

I met scott's wife and she actually might beat him to doing something like that, if not to just see the reaction on scott's face!

cheers,

jeff

marknewton
Here's a whole new category of otaku-dom for you--I've recently gotten into the black-and-white cover art on the boxes of the Greenmax structure kits...

Scott, you're not alone. I have few of these myself, and I'm not even an N-scaler. As others have said they're rather inspiring, apart from being nice illustrations in their own right.

Cheers,

Mark.

I met scott's wife and she actually might beat him to doing something like that, if not to just see the reaction on scott's face!

You got a smile out of Robyn for that one. :-)

Scott, you're not alone.

At last I have found my tribe....  ;-)

You got a smile out of Robyn for that one. :-)

Good that got a good smile out of me then!

At last I have found my tribe....   ;-)

Yo kemosabe!

only tonto said kemosabe! i can get away with it being somewhere between an eight or sixteenth native american, i guess.

i look to you to have the fancy dud, the mask and silver!

cheers,

jeff

Scott,

I almost was going to buy them and send them to you for a surprise, but then i figured there may be a few other crazies out there like you getting into a bidding war and in that case ill let you put the house up to win this one! good luck may the green max force be with you.

cheers

jeff

:grin  I figure I can snipe it right at the end for no more than $10,000....might have to sell the car, but we can probably hold onto the house with a second mortgage.

you are most welcome. almost bid on it as a surprise to send to you, but then i was really worried there might be a lot of box freaks out there, but i guess you are in a class by yourself! enjoy. which bathroom is getting wallpapered in them?

cheers

jeff