Connection between 107 and 165 Series?

I recently bought a Tomytec 107 Series, and while reading the back of the box noticed mention of the 165 Series. Google Translate isn't much help for working out what the rest of the text means, so I thought I'd ask here. Do they mean that parts of withdrawn 165 Series units were used to build the 107 Series, or that the two would have been seen side by side at stations, or what?

bikkuri bahn

The former. Bogies, traction motors, brake equipment, motor generators, and air conditioning units from scrapped 165 series were recycled and used on these units, to save on costs.

Thanks, that also explains why the bogies are very different to those of other 1xx Series commuter stock! Also why the KuHa and KuMoHa have the same size wheels, while the 105 Series units I've motorised from the same manufacturer have slightly smaller wheels on the KuHas.

The KuHa has been fitted with trailer parts (leftover from one of the 105 Series), the KuMoHa will be getting a pair of scale pantographs and a motor when they make it through the global postal system.