SeaHawks and the west coast

serotta1972

serotta1972

Don't push it, it is really very hard to resist purchasing the 500 series Shinkansen.  :)

But I have to keep enough money to travel on Amtrak's Coast Starlight in autumn.

Hey IST, let me know if you happen to come by San Francisco on your trip in autumn.  We can go have coffee or something, go ride our local commuter trains and talk Japanese trains.  And if I don't grow to love the 500 Shinkansen, I can sell it to you then and you won't have to pay for shipping and will depreciate even more.  :)

Sorry IST san... The 500 series has been exported and is on the ferry now on its way to its new owner ~  :)

No problem, this is business. And I thank to serotta that I don't have to think about buying the train set. :-)

Hey IST, let me know if you happen to come by San Francisco on your trip in autumn.  We can go have coffee or something, go ride our local commuter trains and talk Japanese trains.  And if I don't grow to love the 500 Shinkansen, I can sell it to you then and you won't have to pay for shipping and will depreciate even more.  :)

(Sorry for the off topic)

OK, thanks for the invitation. At this moment I do not know when we will be there (we plan to go to Seattle - sorry, I am a Seahawks fan and once in a life I would really like to see them play in home field -, than go to San Francisco - my wife would like to travel there by train as I do -, and after it maybe New York again), but I let you know if wwe have travelling dates.

It's your call, but I actually found Portland a much more interesting and satisfying city than Seattle, with rail-served industry right downtown.

For me, Seattle doesn't seem that much different from any large US city, while Portland has a different vibe to it.

Rent a car for a day and see the amazing Oregon coastline.

Portland is a lot more connected in the sense of transit, where Seattle has a horrible traffic problem and still has a long way to go in the form of transit. Portland is an awesome city.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk

Our biggest reason to go to Seattle to watch a Seahawks game as I dream about it since years. I hope we can get somehow 2 tickets for a September match. Let's see! Of course there are other things in Seattle, but this is the most important for me. Call me crazy... :-)

So we plan to spend a few days there and then travel on Coast Starlight to San Francisco for a week. If you know cheaper than usual hotels, let me know please!

After it we will go back to New York, so if you are living on the East Coast you can start to be afraid as last time we were there there was Sandy in the city also. (And this is why we could not visit Washington.)

serotta1972

Hey IST, if you don't mind staying outside of the city, you can stay in Burlingame at the hotels near Millbrae Bart and Caltrain Station. Then you can utilize either Bart or Caltrain to get into the city but that would make for extra expenses and also time to access the city. Always a tradeoff but a great excuse to ride our mass transit systems.

I live in the bay area now, but before I moved up here I used to stay at Motel Capri whenever I visited.  I remember their prices being quite reasonable.  Its a somewhat vintage hotel that's only a few blocks from Ft. Mason. 

Just to throw a spanner in the planning works.  If you just wanna catch the Seahawks at a game, they will have games at other locations throughout the upcoming 2016 season.

Home: Arizona CardinalsSan Francisco 49ersSt. Louis RamsAtlanta FalconsCarolina PanthersPhiladelphia EaglesBuffalo BillsMiami Dolphins

Away: Arizona CardinalsSan Francisco 49ersSt. Louis RamsNew Orleans SaintsTampa Bay BuccaneersGreen Bay PackersNew England PatriotsNew York Jets

The schedule isn't out yet.  But unless you really wanna be part of the 12 man crowd.  Then catching them in another city might be an option.  New York City isn't far from Washington for example.

Much more fun to see the team in the home city with the fans and all! Seattle is a fun city. It is pretty congested but a lot of the main tourist stuff is downtown areas for a day or two. Sept is superb weather usually there! Take a ferry ride over to one of the islands or peninsula for an afternoon, just nice to get out on the water and relaxing. Art museum is great and emp is an experience. So plenty to do for a few days and very enjoyable. Big foodie town as well so some great restaurants if you like that. I've spent a lot of time over the last 30 years in Seattle (and also Portland) and always had a fun time visiting. Portland is fun and lots smaller and different vibe, but with your anchor of the game then you will have no problem enjoying yourself at all!

The train ride is nice. Unfortunately the Seattle to SF area is not on the coast but goes thru some very nice scenery! It's a full like 24'hr ride so if you don't get a birth (they are very pricy!) buy a couple of cheap bed pillows each as having them in the reclining seats makes all the difference in getting some sleep!

Lots to do in SF as well!

Yell if you get down to DC please yell, we can get some of the club members out for a dinner maybe!

Cheers

Jeff