Postponement of start of operation of “SL Hitoyoshi” 2016

Can't be anything too serious, only a couple of weeks delay.

JR Kyushu's steam program is probably like most others, a handfull of guys working on it when they are not busy with something else.  It could be something simple that would have seen the loco back on the road the next day back when there were hundreds of men in the backshop to keep steam running.

Anyway a ride nehind a DE10 wouldn't be so bad these days.

Edited by westfalen

Anyway a ride nehind a DE10 wouldn't be so bad these days.

It's not bad, but that's nothing much like hearing the whistle and smelling the thick smoke for yourself  ~~~  :)

Anyway a ride  behind a DE10 wouldn't be so bad these days.

If you want to ride behind a DE10, you can catch the Okuizumo Orochi tourist train in Shimane Prefecture, which can often been seen using DE10 1161 as motive power.

It's not bad, but that's nothing much like hearing the whistle and smelling the thick smoke for yourself  ~~~  :)

DE10's have whistles. :grin

Just saying if I turned up at Kumamoto and found a DE10 on the train instead of steam I wouldn't throw down my ticket in disgust and storm away.

SuRoNeFu 25-501

DE10's have whistles. :grin

Just saying if I turned up at Kumamoto and found a DE10 on the train instead of steam I wouldn't throw down my ticket in disgust and storm away.

At least JR Kyushu's DE10s could be deployed for hauling the train while the steam engine underwent repairments and further inspections  :grin