Best Kanji translation program/page?

nah00

With the Google Translate app, at least the one for Android, you can take a photo of a text and have it translate it into English or whatever other language. Google Translate's translations are not always perfect, but they might give you a clue.

Otherwise, if there are certain decals you just can't figure out the meaning of, just post it here and I can take a look at it. I may not know every kanji in existence on the top of my head, but I know the correct way of drawing them which makes it easier to look them up.

Edited by Densha

Thanks, I appreciate it! I have an iPhone (and an old one at that) so I can't translate photos. Using the multiradical search and then putting the words together in Google Translate is giving me ok results and on the plus side are also teaching me some kanji (which I have NEVER been able to learn until I saw the multiradical chart and realized that they're all made up from a consistent set of characters). 

I tried the apps that let you draw them but I wasn't even getting close even with making them ignore stroke order. I was getting absurd results just trying 大.

I've actually found the photo translation of small bits of text on instructions and such to be the most understandable of all the electronic translation as I think because they are very direct statements and in context with a diagram. It's been very useful!

The regular Text Google and Bing of longer stuff can be mysterious and numerous at times.

Jeff