Order n700A powered chassis

nmehrten

Kato or tomix? Whole car or just the power mech? What is wrong with the old one? At times it may be a smaller thing wrong that does not require the full chasis replacement -- especially if the whole chassis part is not stocked or oos. If you can describe what is wrong maybe someone here can help you diagnose what is wrong and fix it.

You won't find much of any Japanese parts in the US. If it is a kato train then you can contact KatoUSA and fax them a copy of the part sheet with the part you want circled and they will attempt to order it for you from kato Japan (katojapan generally does not ship outside Japan) and then send it to you when it arrives in one of their bulk shipments. This can take 1-3 months and last time I did it it was $8 shipping to me in the us (guess a handling charge in there). They only sell it if katojapan has it in stock,mat time kato can be oos but shops may still have the part.

You can try the usual sources of Modeltrainplus.net and loco1hobby.net. Both can look into parts orders for kato and Tomix for you. Both have threads in the Supplier forum to learn more about them (both get glowing reviews!), take paypal, speak English, and have excellent service! The big online hobby shop hobby search has some parts, but generally does not special order a lot (1999.co.jp). There are other more obscure routes as well, but I would start with these and ask again if you strike out.

Cheers

Jeff

• Like 1

Hobbysearch will special order parts for you but it does GREATLY depend on how much business you do with them. I would never try to order parts through KATO USA again, takes entirely too long and they charge you at least double the price of the part.

If possible complete KATO motorized chassis or complete motorized car. In spite of everything I do the car is shorted out. No more time to fiddle with my old eyes.

Edited by nmehrten