bill937ca

Hobby Search

Claude_Dreyfus

For the first time in a while I have availed myself of the Hobby Search sale. My captive has arrived, but accompanied by a Viacom Blu-ray disc of the Odakyu Romance car, which I didn't order, nor appears on my receipt. I was going to check with HS, but wanted to know if they occasionally give out freebies like this (especially during a sale) and anyone else on here had received something similar.

Yavianice

Hobbysearch has advertised free Viacom bluray when you purchase a qualifying set for a while now. So yes, this is expected.

JR 500系
1 hour ago, Claude_Dreyfus said:

For the first time in a while I have availed myself of the Hobby Search sale. My captive has arrived, but accompanied by a Viacom Blu-ray disc of the Odakyu Romance car, which I didn't order, nor appears on my receipt. I was going to check with HS, but wanted to know if they occasionally give out freebies like this (especially during a sale) and anyone else on here had received something similar.

Yeah me too, even though my item did not fall into the Hobby Search qualifying item... It's nice of them to include it! 

Claude_Dreyfus

Thanks chaps...a nice surprise; I'm a bit of a sucker for cab view videos.

disturbman

Now, I wonder if I will receive one with my sales catch.

JR 500系
13 hours ago, Claude_Dreyfus said:

Thanks chaps...a nice surprise; I'm a bit of a sucker for cab view videos.

Yeah to my surprise too! However, i would have prefered if it went the correct way....  😅

Viewing a trip from the rear end of the romance car isnt exactly what i would really like~ 😅

8 hours ago, disturbman said:

Now, I wonder if I will receive one with my sales catch.

I think you will, i'm guessing they have quite a fair lot of these videos for distribution. It was printed 'Not for Sale' on the back so i think it's some sort of advertising material by Vicom maybe? 

roadstar_na6
4 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

Viewing a trip from the rear end of the romance car isnt exactly what i would really like~ 😅

Play it in reverse then 🙂

• Haha 3

lukewang01

Is HS website down for anyone else as well? I can't seem to open it on my browser while other Japanese websites works fine. 

• Like 1

railsquid
8 minutes ago, lukewang01 said:

Is HS website down for anyone else as well? I can't seem to open it on my browser while other Japanese websites works fine. 

Yup, it seems down and has been for at least a couple of hours.

• Like 2

railsquid

Working now.

• Like 1

bill937ca

Hobby Search is moving later this month and their server will be going off line for a time on the 11th.

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/infodetails

2020/12/02We would like to express our gratitude and sincere thanks to all our customers for supporting Hobby Search.

We are pleased to inform that we will be relocating ourselves to a larger facility, to accommodate our growing business.

[New Address]
Sumida Park Place 4F,
1-1-10, Yokokawa,
Sumida-ku, 130-0003 Tokyo

[Office relocation schedule (dates stated in Japan time GMT+9)]
11th - 14th December, 2020
*There may be difficulties accessing our website during the 11th due to server transfer.

Due to this relocation, Hobby Search will not be operating during the above days.
We will start business at our new office as of 15th December, 2020.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and greatly appreciate your understanding of this matter.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2